Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to ride out to Firebird to watch Team AZ's trackday if anyone wants to join me - only if its not raining or imminently threatening to rain on me. I HATE riding in the rain.

·
Registered
975 Posts
How about a quick run up South Mountain since it's right around the corner from Firebird?

I propose a quick breakfast at IHOP on 24th St and Baseline, a quick run up South Mountain, then on to check out the track day for awhile!

Anyone know what time would be good to show up at the track day as a spectator? We can work the meeting time in around that.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to ride out to Globe/Winkelman with a couple of other guys before going out to the track. You are welcome to join us (PM me for details), or I will see you at the track when we get there.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
I will ride South Moutain with you. Give me a time and I will meet you there. Don't think I will be going to the track though. I am going out for the night, but will check this later and see what is going on.

·
Registered
975 Posts
OK guys, IHOP at ~8:30. I am meeting a buddy at 8 near my house and we are heading straight there. I figured a quick bite to eat and warm up a little, then hit the mountain for a run or two, then around the corner to observe the track day a little. I am trying to be heading home by about 12 or 1 though. See you there.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Dietrich said:
OK guys, IHOP at ~8:30. I am meeting a buddy at 8 near my house and we are heading straight there. I figured a quick bite to eat and warm up a little, then hit the mountain for a run or two, then around the corner to observe the track day a little. I am trying to be heading home by about 12 or 1 though. See you there.
I'm there..

in spirit!! :'(

I hope I can ride by the beach at least tomorrow!!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Fun ride today! Did a couple of runs up South Mountain and then went out to check out the track day. I will have to give this a try, and I don't think I'm alone... I believe we passed SheMonster leaving as we were coming into Firebird.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dietrich said:
Fun ride today! Did a couple of runs up South Mountain and then went out to check out the track day. I will have to give this a try, and I don't think I'm alone... I believe we passed SheMonster leaving as we were coming into Firebird.
Hmmm, don't think that was me, we didn't get out there til later on. We headed east toward Globe/Kearny, but didn't get far out of town this morning before it started to rain on us so we turned around and just did TF and had lunch there before going out to the track. Guess we got out there around 1:30 or so.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Hey Dietrich, I guessing you guy's thought I left. I actualy had my suspension set up at the track, 25 buck's and I am liking it! took for ever had to take my handlebars off.
Sorry I missed you guy's. I was spaced this morning, still owe you coffe. :)

·
Registered
975 Posts
Cool.... Who was there setting up suspension? Sorry we split without saying goodbye then. We got a lot of good info from the guy on the Sport Classic.

SheMonster- We saw a red Triumph leaving at about 10:30. We missed you by about an hour, we left the track at 12:30.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dietrich said:
Cool.... Who was there setting up suspension? Sorry we split without saying goodbye then. We got a lot of good info from the guy on the Sport Classic.

SheMonster- We saw a red Triumph leaving at about 10:30. We missed you by about an hour, we left the track at 12:30.

Yeah, you guys were long gone then before we got there. The guy on that Sport Classic's name is Kip, really cool guy.

·
Registered
975 Posts
red rider rick said:
OK, who was standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY PIT and didn't say, "Hi."??????????????????????????????
Probably guilty here yoo....sorry man, I was too much in awe just trying to take it all in [thumbsup] . Which bike were you running out there?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.