Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Chad or Patrick riding Sunday? How about DTM? Last Sunday was a blast! Loved the Lyons valley road thing and meeting Jeff and Mike, as well as trying to keep up with Patrick and the "hanging" Chad on his funbike. Back side of Julian was awesome, traffic was not especially lethal.

Can someone do a road course for Sunday down here? I am not familiar enough with east county to do it justice.

Looking forward to the weekend!!!

Regards,
Rideon

·
Registered
796 Posts
Sorry, My company does all the food for the Buick Invitational Golf Tournament, so Im not looking at a day off for the next two weeks.
Not to mention my bike is mostly at the powder coaters.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I may motorvate on Sunday, but a lot rides on it! I might have to work Saturday, but I really need that time to wrench on either bike to go on Sunday! The Monster needs to have the new rearsets installed because the shifter lever broke the last ride, and then there's putting on the new exhaust too. The Husqvarna needs a new clutch cable because it broke last Sunday.....Ohhhh, I didn't tell y'all about that, huh? Yeah, you bastages off and leave me high and dry on top of the mountain to live your domestic lives, and SoCalSar has to ride home solo. At the bottom of the fast side I pulled in the clutch to stop and PING, I've got a hand full of nothing. And who's there to make sure he's all right? Who's there that he can depend on for a push to get into gear? To help make a traffic light turn green? A shoulder to cry on? I'll tell you who- NO ONE! Just a lonely 50 mile ride home with not even an operational clutch for company. Yeah. I know who my friends are.

And if I do get to ride and y'all aren't there I'll be very upset again.

P

·
0 Posts
Dude, I'm really sorry to hear about your clutch cable. Next time give me a call and you can come to my house and take advantage of my pitiful tool collection. I will give everyone a tentative yes as to me riding this Sunday. Depends on the powers that be (wife). Oh, and in my own defense Chad, I made it to the bottom of the fast side and you and Jeff were already rip snortin back up before I could even turn around so I went home to my psycotic domestic wife- I mean life.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ducman: Yeah, I'll take some cheese and you can listen to me whine, in person, IF you ever show up to ride. Sheesh.

PPoitras: From the sound of things I've really got the better deal, broken cable and all.

Really, I love you both, in a brotherly kind of way. Come ride Sunday or I'll kill you.

P

·
0 Posts
So what's the word guys? Did you lose your fingers to rabid chipmunks? I have done everything I can to placate the little woman so things are good on my end. Rideon, you started this so how about a reply.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I had to go to work for awhile today. I'm working on the Husky right now and plan to have it going for tomorrow. You guys wanna meet at the Hwy. 15 end of Highland Valley Road? It's actually the Pomerado exit, right above Lake Hodges, so it shouldn't be too much highwaying for you guys. Barring that, I'll meet y'all at the top of the hill.

P

·
0 Posts
I have decided do dub your Husky " The Leather Enema". Based on the way you were shifting from side to side I will assume it was something you did not want up there. I will pay for lettering if you so desire.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Okay, Ppoitras and I have decided to meet at Highland Valley Road, Pomerado Road exit off the 15, at 9:00 am. It's the Pomerado exit at Lake Hodges, not Mirimar!

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, sounds great. I will be at the nursery or at the turnout. I have a special fondness for highland valley as it has some reverse camber turns, a crest with a left hander, and I crashed on it to boot. After much knashing of the teeth, I came to the conclusion the crash was a result of lost concentration. :p

Back to the ride: I am somewhat surprised that we are not meeting at a place that serves coffee. I am not sure wheather Chad runs on petrol or Starbucks! Oh well. See you in the morning, I guess we snort pine fragrance instead for our kickstart!

Ye-Hah! ;D
Rideon

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SoCalSar:

Isn't your Monster operational? I really gotta see your full system! Not that the leather enema has a certain "flair"!

Regards,
Rideon

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I might just join ya tomorrow. Will probably ride 748(It feels neglected) Rode the desert for 4 hrs last week on the KTM. Had the same side saddle stance. Forever now known as the Hanging Chad!

P

·
0 Posts
there is a Starbucks within spittin distance of the turn off. If the morning is cold enough to warrant( is that spelled right? ) it then we could go there and not miss out on our ride.

P

·
0 Posts
The more the happier Troyslap. We are a happy, merry,insalubrious(ain''t that a great word?) Bunch. You will love us. If only we could hear from Ducman. Are you with us Big Duck?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Okay, I'm off to bed. It'll be cool to have you along Troy.

John, I hope to see you there too. Does the Ducman cometh?

I plan on stopping at my local 'Bucks pre-ride, but if you guys want to grab something after we ron-day-vue I'm more than happy to go along.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts