Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truckerspawn said:
Change of plans... Sunday at 10 at the QT on Greenfield and US 60 Maybe just a Globe run through the Salt River.
I am hoping to get out there....

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got a cross street on Thunderbird? I assume it's the west side of town. It look's like there are Quick trips every couple miles along T-bird on Google maps....

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nobody on their bikes or what?

So, I went to the Quick Trip on Thunderbird, near the 101. Waited about 10 minutes and split on my own.

Didn't see a single other Ducati on my ride through Wickenberg, up to Prescott, and back down I-17 to Phoenix. This has got to be the absolute best weather of the year for our area! ....Where is everybody? ???

Anyway I had a great ride, very little traffic in the twisty parts, although I did get busted going up Yarnell hill for passing on a double yellw (didn't realize there was a passing zone just a few corners up... :mad:).

Be very careful going up Yarnell. :police: I was warned by someone recently and didn't listen because I didn't see any cops all morning. The cop that got me has a perfect lookout on a few corners below and just watches the traffic and then walks out into the street just in time to wave you into his pull out. He was busy wathcing cars/bikes and writing tickets.

Besides the tickets, you guys/gals are missing out!!!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I do need to get out and ride now that the weather is much nicer. Unfortunately, all my bikes are in need of some type of repair :-\

I took the SPS out today for a quick spin...and the front brakes are so f'n glazed over, it's scary trying to stop :eek: It was that way when I bought it ::)

Soon my friends, soon!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Randimus- I'm at the point that I will donate some wrenching time just to get you guys on the road! C'mon, I need some male bonding! OK, Just kidding about that last part, but it is fun to ride with a couple other people, especially other Ducatis.

Maybe you guys just don't want to ride with me due to my reckless behavior, getting tickets and all.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Dietrich said:
Randimus- I'm at the point that I will donate some wrenching time just to get you guys on the road! C'mon, I need some male bonding! OK, Just kidding about that last part, but it is fun to ride with a couple other people, especially other Ducatis.

Maybe you guys just don't want to ride with me due to my reckless behavior, getting tickets and all.
do you have a socket big enough to tighten the chain on my 999?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Randimus Maximus said:
do you have a socket big enough to tighten the chain on my 999?
Most likely- It looks like you need a 36mm nut. Could probably pick it up a Sears. I just looked and sure enough- I HAVE ONE! Let me know if you can milk it up to 32nd and Thunderbird for a good chain tightening.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For sure I will be back out there with you guys very soon. I am the same way and to be honest I probably would have just went back home. I hate riding long trips like that alone, seems to many things could happen and you would be stuck out there without help. :-\

Anyways for sure I will be seeing you guys on some road trips soon. It's so nice out and I have no bike grrrrrrr

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't mind riding alone too much because all the pressure is off and I can "ride my own ride" and even practice stuff without trying to prove anything. Although what I have found with the DML'ers is that most of you guys are real level-headed and I almost feel safer riding with you setting the pace (Rule62, Pennyrobber come to mind...). Now on the other hand, trying to keep up with IZ on South Moutain was a bit challenging... ;D

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Dietrich said:
Now on the other hand, trying to keep up with IZ on South Moutain was a bit challenging... ;D
Don't have to worry about that anymore!

I'm sure I can make it up to your place. The last time I took it up S. Mtn was really sketchy, however :eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, I know the feeling of trying to keep up with AZ :eek: I learned to just go at my own pace. It took a few close calls for me to learn that and I have pulled over just to let people pass and get back into my zone.

It's fun to lead but then you feel you have to go fast to not hold anyone up, then if your in the rear you are always speeding to keep up and probably pushing the guy in front of you lol. It has taken me a few trips to get used to riding with others but I am getting it. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I felt pretty comfortable today doing at least twice the posted "receommended" 20 MPH speed in the twisties. No pressure, so it was easy. I could pick my lines and slow up when needed. Chicken strips are about gone on the back of the GT( not that I care too much about that), and not sure how much further I can lean the 'ol standard style cycle until I am scraping hard parts. Not sure I want to find out either.

Would like to do a track day sometime on it though. Landshark- You shoudl be pushing track days like crazy- You could probably quit your day job and just fix up lowsides all day long! [cheeky]

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rule62 said:
I am the almighty RULE!!! I ride with no one!!! >:D
That's what this post of mine was about: http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=62934.msg779850#msg779850

Anyone get it? An old biker thing to do was to put an upsidedown #1 on your jacket just to show how much of a loner/rebel/outsider you were. I think one of the bigger outlaw clubs adopted it. I actually bought a #1 patch I was going to put on my jacket upsidedown, but not sure if I want to explain it to eveyone, or to one of the strageling outlaw bikers...

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Dietrich said:
That's what this post of mine was about: http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=62934.msg779850#msg779850

Anyone get it? An old biker thing to do was to put an upsidedown #1 on your jacket just to show how much of a loner/rebel/outsider you were. I think one of the bigger outlaw clubs adopted it. I actually bought a #1 patch I was going to put on my jacket upsidedown, but not sure if I want to explain it to eveyone, or to one of the strageling outlaw bikers...
outlaw M/C clubs scare me :eek:

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Dietrich said:
I actually bought a #1 patch I was going to put on my jacket upsidedown, but not sure if I want to explain it to eveyone, or to one of the strageling outlaw bikers...
I bought a crystal shard and was going to put it on my jacket, but not sure if I want to explain it to the SKECKSIS, or to one of the GEFLING outlaw muppets!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rule62 said:
I bought a crystal shard and was going to put it on my jacket, but not sure if I want to explain it to the SKECKSIS, or to one of the GEFLING outlaw muppets!!!!!!!!!!!
I am Rule62 AKA "The Dark Crystal".... hear me ROAR!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts