Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've got an early morning Monster sort of RfTH-left-behind ride going Sunday (weather permitting).

Meet is at 6:30 at the first rest stop in NH on 93N; between the Mass border and exit 1. Plan is to return no later than 2:00, if all goes to plan, more likely 1:00.

It's a 65 mile commute up 93 with a clockwise Kancamagus loop of 135 mi or so. Then another commute back. IM me with an email address if you want a copy of Miles' map.

We could pick up NH riders at exit 23 if there's any interest.

I'm watching the weather reports. right now it looks a bit dicey. I hope to make a definitive call Friday. If it looks too wet, we'll try again next Sunday. After that, I'm probably out but it may go on without me (and if that happens, I bet the start is later!)

Don

p.s. Miles I tried THREE times to post to CD-ROM and was repeatedly bounced. I quit. You mind cross-posting?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sunday's looking really sh!tty from here!

Watch this space. I'll post a definitive go.no-go by early afternoon Saturday.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuggedaboudit!

Rain and T-storms, all day, all over the route.

Let's hope the forecast for next weekend is wrong. We'll try for next Sunday.

Don

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Naturally, since I bagged the ride, it hasn't rained yet. Not a nice day in any case though.

Next Sunday is looking better in the long-range forecast; not as cold as they'd predicted earlier in the week.

I'll start a new thread this week for ride updates. In short, same ride, different day.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Well, on a good note, I did get new sneakers on Sat. Mich Pilot Sports 180/55 rear and 120 front. Maybe I'll get to scrub em next weekend!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Miles.

You gotta scrub 'em BEFORE next weekend.

You can get 100 mi or so in before Sunday I'm sure! ;)

S

·
0 Posts
so i bagged out and cancelled my RFTH reservations... call me a wimp, but i wasn't too keen on riding in the rain ALL weekend in VT. really too bad because i was really looking forward to it and so was my wife. oh well...

but on the PLUS side, i DID get the s4 running (IT LIVES!!!) and took it for a very brief shake-down run on saturday. still gotta sort out an electrical gremlin that is effecting the turn signals and brakelight (can you say no inspeciton sticker?) and i've gotta buy a new battery cuz the stocker's totally shot. but it sure was nice to get the ol' bugger down the road.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I can get 100 miles before next weekend for sure! Actually, why don't you two try and make a TNR this week? Looks like it may be our last opportunity to do so.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to have to cash in a LOT of coupons to take off Tuesday night AND Sunday.....

but, I'll have all winter to build up my credits again. Guess I should try.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Thinking about joining you guys if you go this Tuesday night. Are you talking about the MotoMarket thing?
If so, when/where/how-I'll try and be there if you guys are going.
I could take off early and live the consequence of the evil eye for a day!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MotoMkt is Thursdays.

The TNR is a ride that's gone off two or three times so far. We're far from getting it to be an institution!

It has left from Brian's house in Plaistow NH. If Brian's up for it again, he can send out directions again. That's the same Brian as on the emails that have been going around on the Sunday ride. If the ride really does get to be regular (and bigger) we'll need another starting place, 'cause Brian's neighbors aren't likely to like a big rumbling crowd there EVERY week!

The ride is up Rt 1A and 1B to Portsmouth NH. Dinner, hanging out and then riding back. Last time I went (just me and Brian) I got home about 11. The Wild Ones have been out 'till 3 on other occasions!

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Hmm. Ok. Is that tomorrow night?
Also, is anyone down with MotoMarket this Thursday?
I've got a buddy who lives in NH with a Honda 929 who'd like to meet up.
If I don't make TNR, maybe this buddy of mine could join you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts