Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With hot weather quickly approaching I was in the market for some summer riding pants with CE armor in the knees. After checking out several products I ended up buying the Alpinestars A-10 Air-Flo pants. They are cut and fit like track pants. They are tapered in the bottom leg so they fit INSIDE of your boots instead of over the boot. Good hip & thigh pads and nice CE armor in the knees and shins. In the past I've use kevlar lined jeans for summer, but just didn't feel really protected, especially at the knees should I have to put the bike down to avoid an accident or in a spill. These pants are a little pricey ($229) but they are the only mesh type pants with armor that I've found that really fit well and ventilate well at the same time. Check them out if you are in the market for summer pants.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kerrits??? I wear Kerrits when I ride horses. If Kerrits makes motorbike pants it's news to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Those are some pretty nice looking pants I almost wish I would of seen them before i purchased mine. I just wear the Icon Victory Riding Pants with a set of the knee and shin guards they offer. It suits me well and the pants are comfy and actually allow quite a bit of airflow. The only thing to note is they have a button fly so if you have to get to the bathroom in a fast manner..... Anyway back to the point at hand thank you for sharing and I hope you dont mind me adding a different product to your thread.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just picked up a pair of Dianese Air Drake summer textile pants(275$) Very comfy.vents on the thigh area and long enough that it fits over my boots. The best riding pants for hot weather

·
Registered
18 Posts
+1 for the drakes by Dainese. I use them for my commute. bought a size bigger to get them on over my work pants. the vents allow a good amount of airflow for warm afternoon rides and i can wear them over or under boots.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
+1 for dainese air drake pants. buy 1 size up & you can wear them as overpants. there are adjusters at the waist & zipper to connect to jacket. it actually connects to both dainese & alpinestars jackets. not sure about other brands. zipper in the leg also makes it easy to wear over boots. it comes w/ knee armor & hip padding (which is rare on textile pants). the pants are made of cordura 750 fabric which provides very good abrasive resistance. best of all, it flows a lot of air. i think i had mine for 6 summers now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts