Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just took shipment of a Joe Rocket Phoenix 2.0 jacket today.

It's very comfortable and easy to move in. I took it for a ride and it was like having air conditioning. Plus I've got armor in the shoulders, elbows, and even a back protector. I think it seems like a great buy, especially because it was right in my price range. Thanks for the advice for everyone.

Dave

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have a Black First Gear MeshTech jacket. It has armour in the shoulders and elbows and a back protector. It has a more subdued styling than the power ranger jackets and it is COLD when it is less than 70 degrees outside.

S

·
0 Posts
Just as a side note about the joe rocket phoenix jacket. My MSF course instructor sang its praises after he crash tested it on the road at about 40-50mph. He said he slid for a ways on the pavement and the only problem was a small tear on the side of his left elbow. He let me wear it out in the summer heat, and it was quite cool.

N

·
0 Posts
I just bought an Arlen Ness mesh jacket $100.. Its awesome!! it comes with CE approved armor in the forearms, shoulders and back!! ;D

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I just picked up a Vanson Ventilator for $175 out the door. More expensive than the other summer/ventilated jackets, but it comes with armor (elbows, shoulders, back) and it's a very quality piece of clothing. It was awesome yesterday in the heat/humidity, although if it's going to be even remotely cool and you're going to be doing freeway riding, it's not warm enough. But I guess that's the point of a summer jacket, right?

Mark

·
Banned
551 Posts
Vanson pro-perf for me - and I feel real safe with it on. Actually got it off ebay - I think the guy who had it before me wore it once on the sofa - not a crease in it. Keep an eye on Ebay for some good deals.

Worked great for the month I was in the states riding with it - at least when you are moving.

I think I have had the vent half way open one time in Ireland so far. But the great thing about the jacket is you just close the vents and throw a vest underneath and I use it in the winter too. Saves you from having to have a winter and a summer jacket.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
went down wearing the vanson velociraptor this past weekend going maybe 20 mph. i'm fine. just a few scratches on the jacket elbow.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts