Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really sure which ones are the best. Looking for a vent type jacket with some armor on the shoulders, forearms, and probably some on the back. For aggressive summer rides and rides to work and back without sweating to death in my leather jacket.

I've seen the Dainese Air Textile Jacket and Vanson Vent Jacket so far, that I think look really nice.

Any recommendations on those options or others?

Thanks

David

T

·
0 Posts
I've got the Vanson Properf - excellent quality and fit. It works well here in South Texas (as long as you are moving). newenough.com had the best price when I bought mine a couple seasons ago.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I've been riding in triple digit temps wearing a FirstGear Leather Mesh-Tex jacket for a little over a month.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I have the Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket. It breathes really well and is comfy. I know that is doesnt look like much protection, however I have seen a thread on here about crash testing one, and apparantly it held up fine. Also not too shabby for under $150. I got the jacket and pants for about 300 if I remember right.

R

·
0 Posts
I like the Vanson pro perf also. use the perf pants with the jacket.
I like the pants too, but I would rather the whole thing had a full zipper. Got the GP armour for it with 4 scale back protector. Very comfortable even with back protector, but you need to be moving or you will get hot, but I am assuming the fabric jackets would also get hot standing around in ninety degree weather.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I wouldnt listen to Retro. I think the heat is getting to him. Actually I like his jacket alot. Looks pretty bad ass- all black. REAL COOL LIKE FONZIE.... 8) HEYYYYY

·
Registered
735 Posts
I just picked up an AGV Aerosport jacket that is a textile/leather combo jacket w/ armor. It is really nice for those really hot days.

I feel that leather perf is the way to go but textile is always better than just a t-shirt. If you are on a tight budget, the AGV can be had for less than $150 and it has a removable windproof/waterproof liner. If the sky is the limit on the available funds, go w/ the full perf Vanson.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also have a properf Vanson (Hurricaine model). As long as you are moving, the jacket breathes nicely. I bought mine at motorcycleleatherexchange.com. The nice thing about the jacket is that it is armour ready (soft or hard) as well as you can purchase a liner for cooler weather.

Tim

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I've got my eye on the joe rocekt phoenix 2.0 jacket and I also really like the looks of the dainese air tex jacket too. We'll see which one I go with, but I'm glad to hear about a positive comfort and crash review of the joe rocket. Plus, it's a little cheaper which leaves room for more mods

David

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I got a kushitani mesh with padding and armor ready. Love it. Probably should have the armor but...

For more agressive hot riding I use my fully perfed vanson. Much more secure feeling, but not as light weight or cool as the Kushitani...

Scooby 8)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Pretty funny on the censoring on "kush-i-tani"!!!
That's hysterical, I thought that's what you must've meant. The Kushltani mesh is a seriously good-looking jacket!! Was looking for one earlier today for myself but they don't seem to make it in women's. :( Anybody know anything different?

M

·
0 Posts
m620dark, if you're looking for something made for women try looking at the bmw rider gear... they make stuff specifically cut for women. my gf has a belstaff jacket and although it's really well made it is still cut for a small man... cuffs are too large, waist to low, arms a little long. there's a good chance that your bmw dealer will have something on the rack that you can try on also. she was so stoked that they had stuff that fit her. hth.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Hannah,

My kush-i-tani mesh would probably fit a woman pretty well; it has a adjustable belt on the back 4 inches above the bottom and just slightly shorter sleeves. It is da bomb. It fits me great. I have a size L. I originally ordered M, and it was too small. I wear a 40-42 jacket, so the M should fit a M size woman. I got mine from www.Kneedraggers.com, but you can get them at other places online... :D

Scooby

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just picked up an Alpinestar T-Stunt Air-Flo jacket last night and it seems really nice so far. Good armoor, perfed/removable back pad, good airflow(hence the name)and a zip out windproof liner. I've done 2 hot, muggy rides and it is really comfy. The back pad can get a little warm stopped in the sun, but all in all a huge improvment over leather. All for 200 clams at the local Rice Haus.

M

·
0 Posts
Second the AGV Aerosport... got the idea from my MSF instructor who evidently had to "opportunity" to crash test one.

As far as chick-wear goes, I know Alpinestars has a whole line of 4W jackets that look sharp - am considering buying one for the woman.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I'm gettin' way behind here. Got to stop working so much :p

Anyway, for perfed leather on the (relatively) cheap....

I have Fieldsheer sport air jacket and pants. Not up to Vanson standards to be sure but I've been happy with if for a year. Still not as cheap as mesh or mesh/leather.

I was going to go with Joe Rocket Reactor. The perfed leather panels seemed to offer some more abrasion resistance as well as giving the jacket more structure to hold the armor in place. I didn't really like the way the all-mesh jackets I tried on felt; insecure.

But then I found the Fieldsheer at a Honda dealer that was plssed off at the company. He just wanted to dump his only jacket.. the one in my size. 'Course I then had to pay full boat for the macthing pants from New Enough.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts