Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this site, it has lots of useful information, and great people...
I do, however have a small suggestion that I feel alot of us would find useful...

On the MEMBERS link, would it be possible to sort by LOCATION? that way we could locate other riders near us more easily to ride with. I've been hunting through the boards, and finding a few here-and-there... but the capability to sort by state, at least IMHO, would be most useful for us members trying to find riding buddies.

Does anyone else thing that would be a useful feature? (BTW, I'm in Northern VA) 8)

H

·
0 Posts
I think it's a better idea than some of the others I've heard lately... I met one of my best friends on this board. Had I not included my location under my avatar, we'd never have met. Now we ride together all the time, even going on the DML East ride. (I don't think he realizes what an a$$ I am, yet ;))

M

·
0 Posts
Great idea!

The other helpful feature is to use the local club forum.
You can set up rides there.

I wish more people put their locations at the bottom of their posts also.

Tom.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, Nomad.. I checked out DCSPORTBIKES.COM and am now a member... now I have 2 sites I have to check daily. ANd I do look at the clubs page, but I jsut want someone to ride with, not necessarily join/ride with a club... Nowatimeen? :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Slick Rick,
Great idea! I don't know how many times i've checked personal profiles to find out where some one hangs out, & more importantly to me, what country.

It would be good to run a search & find out how many board members are in Australia for instance, which is the closest port of call to me. Found a few, but there must be many more.

Also Gender, you know sometimes when you get a strange response that your uncertain of how to reply :eek: knowing which species before the reply would be helpfull ;)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I always click onto a persons profile, to see where they are from, but a LOT of people don't include where they live. I for one think everyone should say where they are from.

And yes thats a good idea , sort by location, or everyone include their state in the sig or avatar column.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there someone, in perticular, that I should contact with this suggestion, or is this good enough??? :-/

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Is there someone, in perticular, that I should contact with this suggestion, or is this good enough??? :-/
We're listening...

Acutally we had some plans to have a Map feature (an add-on to this board) but at the time the board was so badly mangled we decided to roll back to something manageable.

Of course for this feature to actually work people would have to put in their locations - and only a small percentage currently do...

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
build it (the state listings), and they will come (and hopefully add their locations)..
And if not, at least those of use that did can enjoy it.. Don't need anything elaborate, just the ability to sort by state.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts