Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of S&P rearsets for my S4 and thought some of you might be interested in a review.
The quality of the work is fantastic, and, they look great. The whole set, with the removable passenger pegs attached weighs less than 6 lbs, that's less than one side of the stock set up, if I remember correctly. They are very adjustable, even the passenger pegs, and have the added advantage of acting as additional frame sliders since they're solid mounted and the pegs don't fold back.
That said, they did need spacers (about 10mm) between the base and the bike to clear the exaust, but this may be because I have the full system Termi high pipes that came with the DP Corsa kit and the pipes are wider than most, so you may not need spacers if you have slip-ons or a different system. In any case, they were the only ones I could find that had the passenger pegs and would work with a high pipe system. I had a friend who was in Italy pick them up for me and the full kit was EU400 or $620. I'll guess they'll cost an additional $100-$150 here in the US. I had them installed at my local Duc shop in NJ, and they said the install was pretty straight forward, except for needing the spacers, which wern't included in the kit.

This is the S&P web site:
http://www.styleandperformance.it/indexGB.html
I e-mailed them a few times with questions and they were pretty friendl. I also let them know about the spacers. If any one is interested, I'll try and post some pics, just let me know.

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Style & Performance rearsets with passenge

i also was running S&P's for a while. great units but they didn't jive with my goal of eliminating the linkages and relocating the rear brake m/c to the engine case (as on all other current ducs). just got in some snazzy 1st gen c'cats. will post pics in a couple weeks.
one thing i really liked about the S&P's is that the passenger peg section can be removed very easily if you're riding mono and bolted right back on to take a pillion, WITHOUT having to remove the rider's pegs.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

When I talked to the guys at C/Cats they said they didn't make rear-sets with passenger pegs for the S4, at least not with the high pipes. You're right about the m/c. it is kind of exposed. The other thing is that there's no mount for the brake light switch on the S&Ps, which doesn't really bother me since I rarely, if ever, use only the rear and none of the front.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts

I sat on a bike with S&P's and they didn't work for me. Being 6'3" tall the S&P's were WAY to high, even at their lowest adjustment point. I couldn't get my legs in the tank cutouts at all. I liked the looks of them and was thinking about getting them, but I'm thinking the CycleCat's are the way to go now...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yea, I should think so. I'm 5'11" and my legs ride the edge of the cut outs. I have a Sargent seat and I think it makes me sit a little higher so you may want to try one out to increase leg room, but, I don't think it will help with the S&Ps...

D

·
0 Posts

i also was running S&P's for a while. great units but they didn't jive with my goal of eliminating the linkages and relocating the rear brake m/c to the engine case (as on all other current ducs). just got in some snazzy 1st gen c'cats. will post pics in a couple weeks.
one thing i really liked about the S&P's is that the passenger peg section can be removed very easily if you're riding mono and bolted right back on to take a pillion, WITHOUT having to remove the rider's pegs.
Are you S&P's for sale??? I'm verying interested Please let me know.

M

·
0 Posts

I'll have a set soon.
I'm waiting on some Cycle Cats....

Email me if you want them.

I also have a set of magnesium 5 spoke Marvic wheels with very good Michelin sports and a rear full floating rear rotor with TI bolts that will be available very soon.

J

·
0 Posts

I just got some cyclecats for my S4 with passenger pegs that work great! but I'm also running an Arrow high pipe that attaches to my frame instead of the passenger peg like it seems most high pipes do.
JJ

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

Goducati: I'd be REAL interested in seeing photos of the S&P installation!

I have been admiring the CycelCats, BUT because I also have the Termi high pipes, I can't get passenger pegs with the CycleCats, and that's a deal killer for me.

Also, can someone post the WEIGHT of a set of stock parts versus the weight of the corresponding set of S&P parts? If the weight reduction is what Goducati thinks it is, that's another big attractino for me, as one of my ongoing objectives is methodically reducing the weight of the bike as I customize it.

Moto: Tell me either here or via PM about the wheels you are selling, especially the weight differential between them and my stock S4 wheels.

Jim G

S

·
0 Posts

Also, can someone post the WEIGHT of a set of stock parts versus the weight of the corresponding set of S&P parts? If the weight reduction is what Goducati thinks it is, that's another big attractino for me, as one of my ongoing objectives is methodically reducing the weight of the bike as I customize it.
i'd also be interested in the weight of the stock bits. i ditched mine so early in the life of my s4 that i didn't even think of it as a factor. now, with all the weight i've shed, i'm curious to see how the rearsets factor in.

Moto: Tell me either here or via PM about the wheels you are selling, especially the weight differential between them and my stock S4 wheels.
martin's monster's a '96 from his signature. front AND rear axle diameters vary from your s4.

so jim... if i completely lose my mind (which is quite possible) and decide to "spring" for BST carbon rims (my wife will KILL me!!), my marvic piuma's could potentially be available... but i've nowhere near the funds to buy the BST's now. AND i'd be a total baffoon to sell them already with only 10-15 miles on them. if i bailed on them now, i'd effectively be disabling my bike for the season while the $$ piled up for the BST's. interested? wooo hooo!!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

Strati: Send me a PM about the Marvic Piumas. Potentially interested if price is right.

Jim G

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I know what you mean about the BSTs. I'm waiting for mine now. At this point I've got so much into the bike I may as well go for 'em. They also fit into the over all theme which is light weight and lots of carbon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts