Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the bike starts ,i have to leave it warming at least for 4 minutes or else it stumbles when i try to go!I have to play with the clutch and keep the revs high or else it shuts down all the time.After 10 minutes the problem dissapears.This is a problem i face every day whether it's cold or not .What is possibly the reason for that?I have never seen this on any other bike!I can't wait for 5 minutes every time i want to start my bike and go!Is there a chance that wrong type spark plugs causing that?I use NGK DPR9E .(We are talking about a monster 600 1997).Do you guys have the same problem?Can anyone tell me what should i do?

G

·
dont feel bad.. i've got a FI bike and if I crank and go it runs for complete crap. I've just learned to let it warm up for 3-5 minutes if its been sitting a good while. If its been run that day I can usually crank, wait 30 seconds and go.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Don't be hard on the beaver...
let her warm up...

When it comes to my bike...I do what IT likes, not what I like....heh heh...

a slave to my macheeeeeeen

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
No right plugs are in, the DPR9EA-9 is correct. Try new plugs, sounds like what happens when a 2 stroke fouls the plug. Replace and check plug gap first. Bike is stock or had pipe mods, jet kit? air filter?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I would question the jetting. The pilot jet is probably too lean. You can turn the idle mixture screw out half a turn and it should improve things.

My 1997 M900 was totally ridable without choke after 30 seconds of warm up, even on 35 degree days.

So for now, you should keep the choke on until it wants to run smoothly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts