Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the FAQ thread and looked at the one about getting your nuetral light to work again. My question is; how the heck do you unbolt that sensor? The engine casing is so close, I can't get a wrench around it. What did other people do?

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
You need to use a box end wrench or socket.

·
Registered
175 Posts
if you plan on re soldering the wires back on, just snip the wires off at different points so you know which went were and use a thin socket. worked out great for me! now getting it back on......lots of time and a box end wrench

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
maxpowers said:
I was reading the FAQ thread and looked at the one about getting your nuetral light to work again. My question is; how the heck do you unbolt that sensor? The engine casing is so close, I can't get a wrench around it. What did other people do?
Box wrench with a lot of little turns for most folks. Then you could get fancy and get a 13mm six point deep socket with a slot up the side and hook it up to universal swivel adapter and an extension. Some extensions have a small swivel connection that's part of the extension. Add ratchet and presto!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts