Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I own a '02 monster 750 which I bought two months ago new. Only 150 miles. While riding last week, the transmission got stuck in 3rd gear and would not shift. Two days later the it started shifting as if nothing had happened. Any one had similar experience? Is this common?

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I had the same thing happen at about 400 miles on my 02 750. It had to be a the shop for a month under warrenty to fix some little pin or something that slipped out of position... If yours seems ok now, just wait and see what happens; hopefully nothing. Can't say if you will have more problems or not; just don't get stranded anywhere! Good luck.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Having had my clutch completly crap out the first week I had my bike, my advice to you would be to get it checked out soon---Broken down on the side of the road, having to get a tow,etc is really a pain. In my case, the clutch basket nut came off--eventually it worked itself into a position where it did quite a bit of damage. Good luck !

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
If you're still under warranty, I 'd bring it >

I own a '02 monster 750 which I bought two months ago new. Only 150 miles. While riding last week, the transmission got stuck in 3rd gear and would

1 - 5 of 5 Posts