Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dunno why this is designed this way. 00 monster. allenbolt that pinches the triple tree on seized and stripped. its at an angle where i cant get a drill in. ideas?

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Rim

·
Registered
661 Posts
dunno why this is designed this way. 00 monster. allenbolt that pinches the triple tree on seized and stripped. its at an angle where i cant get a drill in. ideas?

View attachment 227489
Try welding the Allen key in place using jb weld...then...when your ready to try again...hit the triple clamp with some heat...and penetrating oil

Or are you saying it spins freely...snd the hole is stripped.....if that's the case...you might just cut the bolt where it pinches

·
Registered
2005 Monster S4R
6 Posts
I was in a similar situation with my MZ Skorpion 660. Tried everything. A buddy came over with his portable welder and tacked the allen socket to the bolt. Really you can tack any suitable (and sacrificial) bolt to the head. The heating from the welder probably also helped. Came right out. Whew.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cut the bolt through the split in the clamp. Loosen the fork bolts and remove the upper clamp. Then you have access to it. Might need some penetrate on the axle shaft to loosen the corrosion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cut the bolt through the split in the clamp. Loosen the fork bolts and remove the upper clamp. Then you have access to it. Might need some penetrate on the axle shaft to loosen the corrosion.
If you’re going to tack weld a socket in place to get a stuck bolt out an impact socket is an excellent choice seeing as they are generally pretty heavy duty

·
Registered
15 Posts
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Bumper

Hi guys,

Apologies for piggy backing on this thread but in answer to whitechocolate the pinch bolt is only hand tight, id guesstimate no more 15 - 20Nm. How do i know? ..... i have just removed mine on a 2014 696 Monster.

My piggyback question which i see whitechocolate has already removed, .... How is the big silver split cap removed as seen in my picture above and removed in whitechocolates picture above?

I had a kerb jump that has put my forks slightly askew and im trying to loosen top yoke bolt before loosening the rest to do the plunge straighten forks trick.

·
Registered
5 Posts

If you’re going to tack weld a socket in place to get a stuck bolt out an impact socket is an excellent choice seeing as they are generally pretty heavy duty
That won't work easily because the allen screw is in a recess. If you cut the bolt with a ziz wheel through the split in the clamp, it releases the upper triple to come off after you loosen the fork tube cinch bolts. Then drill a hole in the bolt and use an easy out. With the clamp off, you can hold the triple clamp in a vise for easy access.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I see from your picture that's the case. I'm sure that after looking at that picture a cutoff wheel disk carefully used and an Ez out will work in that application.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts