Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I want to put in a good word for http://www.streetwisecycleschool.com/ down around Milton. I just took the 3-day MSF course there this past weekend and it was a great time. Bob's a great instructor, the classes are small, and the bikes are almost new. Another benefit is that he has 3 kinds of bikes--standard, mini-cruiser, AND sportsbikes. So, I didn't have to learn on a Nighthawk, but instead learned on a sportsbike, which is very similar to the Monster. Anyway, I'm not affiliated with Bob in any way; I just had great experience and wanted to share.

-g

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
sweet

I plan on taking the experience course with them sometime soon.

Q

·
Banned
402 Posts
Thanks for the tip, that's a lot closer to me than Ironstone. Bummer about the "stock mufflers only" policy for the ERC but I can understand it as there are a bunch of houses around there.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Definitely will take a look. Thanks for the info.

-ghost

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I did the Ironstone ERC on my Monster with Termis but their range is in the middle of nowhere :-\

That was also several years ago. Don't know if Joe has changed his requirements since.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm also planning on taking the advanced course there sometime after winter. BTW, I believe Bob relaxed his policy on aftermarket exhausts recently. Under the advanced course description, I see:

"Motorcycles must pass the instructor’s pre-ride safety check. Please respect our neighbors' right to peace and quiet. Only motorcycles equipped with legal mufflers can be used for the ERC. (No straight pipes, please. Street legal aftermarket exhausts are OK)."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts