Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw a Monster for sale on Ebay that had a Streetfighter headlight installed on it, it was also using the streetfighter gauges! I thought it looked kinda cool. Has anyone on here done this mod? Would it bolt right on? If not, what kind of mods need to be made?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently saw a Monster for sale on Ebay that had a Streetfighter headlight installed on it, it was also using the streetfighter gauges! I thought it looked kinda cool. Has anyone on here done this mod? Would it bolt right on? If not, what kind of mods need to be made?
I haven't seen it but have wanted to do it since I bought my M1100S. I'm all ears.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The comment was made because you asked PilotDuc how he did it. PilotDuc is the OP who asked that same question at the beginning of this thread. He then posted pics when someone else asked for pix and you asked how he did it. So the comment you made shows that you weren't following along.
The fact you just explained that makes it all even funnier... LMAO;D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Anything is possible... All it would require is making a mount and re-wiring it... If I could take the 696 headlight and stick on a standard round headlight, then I think that this would be very possible....

Also, those look like the standard gauges that come on that 1100....

Those pics are funny... completely stock bike, but whole new headlight... U think they would of done something else first in the mod department...

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Am I the only one thinking that a streetfighter headlight CANT be cheap? The way some things are priced, I bet thats over $500

·
Registered
13 Posts
"Kind of weird looking to me because the Monster is roundish whereas the nose is now all pointy. "

Thats kinda what I was thinking....:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anything is possible... All it would require is making a mount and re-wiring it... If I could take the 696 headlight and stick on a standard round headlight, then I think that this would be very possible....

Also, those look like the standard gauges that come on that 1100....

Those pics are funny... completely stock bike, but whole new headlight... U think they would of done something else first in the mod department...
you were able to take a 696 headlight and stick it on a standard round headlight? how much work was that? and by "standard round headlight" do you mean one that is on a '99 monster 750? sorry if this is a dumb question but i just bought my first bike ('99 monster 750) and i'm still learning the terminology...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've seen it

THe 696 headlight on the 750 has been done. I saw the pics and write up either on this board or another, can't remember.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts