Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, after scouring the web for tank bags, I gotta say it's a real disadvantage to have a plastic tank. The coolest ones (e.g., ICON) are magnetic only.

Anyway, I settled on a 19 litre Marsee tank bag. Before I go and do something stupid, can someone show me how they set up the front straps on their bikes?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
usually the front strap loops around the steering head or the frame area just behind the head. The main thing is to make sure it doesn't interfere with the bars turning.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Damn...I thought this thread was about somehting else >:D.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Michael Moore said:
usually the front strap loops around the steering head or the frame area just behind the head. The main thing is to make sure it doesn't interfere with the bars turning.
Yeah, I guess I'm debating which location will work the best. I believe I could loop it through the frame just behind the ignition switch. I wasn't sure if there was wiring or anything under there that it might snag on.

BTW, the picture in the manual warning against interfering with the movement of the handle bars is HILARIOUS? You'd think that if someone looped it around that way, may be they should win the Darwin Award! (knocking on wood!)

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Paper5tr3et7 said:
d**n...I thought this thread was about somehting else >:D.
Me too!
I guess we just got dirty minds...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts