Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok..... full leo vince exhaust, and k&n.... do i need a power comander., would i need a power comander if i went back to a stock air cleaner.

·
Banned
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry.... bike is a 2006 s2r 800

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Yes to the first part of your question and no to the second part ( if you put the stock AB back to the stock setup ). It is good to have a custom map done to any motorcycle but the hard part is finding a compatint service tech to make the PCIII map. LV makes some nice pipes, Good Choice and Good luck. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
930 Posts
How do you like your 800?

Yes, you should get a PCIII usb, and you can download the corresponding map from the internet, and then later on, you really should get a custom map for your bike.

It is worth it.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
s2r 800. green is all std. red is with arrow full system fited, no other mods. blue is with cam timing reset to 110 inlet centreline - was 116 and 118.

it's lean enough to be happier with more fuel under 5,500 and over 7,200, but it'd feel fine as is, as others will attest to. you could raise the idle trimmer to make it a bit richer, but you'd need to add a fair bit to have decent result, and that usually makes them rich at idle and low throttle.

generally, with this sort of thing, the best you've had is the best you know and if it's not missing or surging most people will say it's fine. it could be made better, but most things can. but ignorance is generally happiness.

so the straight answer is "how much money are you trying to get out of spending?"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Glad to hear you guys chime in that you really don't need a Power Commander ;D
I have a 07 S2R-1000 and they don't make a PCIII for it...They say it is in R&D @ Dynojet... ::)

I personally don't think it is going to happen.

I had unplugged the O2 sensor early on and improved the way the bike runs..no more stumble,[email protected] and rough idleing..dealers could not fix and only wanted to sell me the DP
Termi package.

I have installed a K&N air filter and partially milled out the front 1/3rd of a spare airbox lid.
The bike runs great with these mods, although plugs read a little rich (before I pulled the 02 they
were porcelin white.. way too lean)
I plan on installing an Arrow full system also and hopefully won't have to resort to purchasing
a DP ECU for big $$$$.
Thanks,
Stan

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Air box modded with quat-d exhaust on a 695 with no PCIII(not available for 695 either) and bike runs within stock parameters still.

·
Banned
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you for all the help..... bike sounds great with the new headpipe.....little lean....but im going to have my mech adjust stock ecu

·
Registered
388 Posts
What everyone seems to allude to is that if the mod's don't change the air/fuel mixture (much) then the stock ECU is fine. That's why modding the airbox is probably the main trigger, not so much the exhaust.

Cheers
Palooka

·
Banned
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice duc...... i had to cut my leo vince down about 7 inch to make it look right with the tail chop

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Same question; what about the Termis. I'd like to do the DP Termis on my S2R 800, but the dealer says I need to do the airbox/ECU as well to make it run correctly. I'd rather not touch either, so I can just switch back to the stock cans for certain track days.

Anybody run the Termi slip ons with stock ECU/airbox? Any reason why it won't run just as well as Arrow slip ons with the stock ECU?

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Palooka said:
What everyone seems to allude to is that if the mod's don't change the air/fuel mixture (much) then the stock ECU is fine. That's why modding the airbox is probably the main trigger, not so much the exhaust.

Cheers
Palooka
depending on the model, that statement tends to be more incorrect than correct ime.

more appropriate is the question "how many people have removed pc3 after custom mapping because it made no difference compared to the std ecu?"

·
Registered
390 Posts
brad black said:
depending on the model, that statement tends to be more incorrect than correct ime.

more appropriate is the question "how many people have removed pc3 after custom mapping because it made no difference compared to the std ecu?"
meaning? I am soo in this boat right now.....

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have full Arrows in CF and my bike is definitely running lean off the bottom--popping and spluttering and missing on partial throttle at low revs when it gets hot.

Bike is brand new so I'll get the dealer to look at it when I hit the 600 miler--hopefully after the next couple of weekends.

Will disconnect the O2 sensor cure this for now. How is it done. Should I do it before the service or just wait?

Otherwise I'm don't have a problem getting the ECU re-mapped if it will make it run perfectly.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
brix821 said:
meaning? I am soo in this boat right now.....
that this question, that gets asked over and over on here and every other forum, is all about "will i feel anything for the money outlaid, because i really don't want to spend the money".

that's all.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
desmomonstro said:
can a stock ecu be reset or readjust after modifications??????
Depends on how old bike is, I'm pretty sure the newer ECUs (5.9) are not adjustable

1 - 20 of 20 Posts