Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(just have to gush...snowboarding rocks and i'm 15 days on the mountain so far...but just booked my trip to myrtle beach bike week in may and getting a little antsy...)

oh my - a several freelance checks and the payment for 3 of my photos used in a national ad came in this week and my CFO (read wife) allowed me to buy some parts for the monster:

- cycle cat frame sliders (i have managed to drop the bike 3 times at speeds less than 3mph - could i drop the $600 honda i rode before? nooooooo....)
- cycle cat adjustable bars (love that catshop discount page!)
- the dyna kit coil upgrade
- CRG mirrors to replace the REI 3rd eyes

when does motorcycle season start?

hope everyone's winter is going well!
steve

btw- where do i find normal stock turn signals for a 99 M900S? don't want $130 billet, just normal turn signals.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I paid $25.00ea for the stock turn signals for my 99 M900 at the local Ducati dealer.
Also check E-bay, they always have stock parts.
My winter is been good so far, I've been riding a lot. :p

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
The snow does rock this year. I have 13 days skiing and 1 day boarding so far. Hopefully I can up that by at least 10 more.

Now back to your normally scheduled Monster conversation...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't laugh, but what exactly is a frame slider?

Can someone show me a close up on a monster with and without them? I am guessing that they are the point on the bike frame that touches when they are laid down, but have a hard time imaganing how such a smll piece could do much protecting.

There are also bar sliders... are those the two that get hit when you wipe?

Sorry for the side bar.

BTW hitting Whistler in just under 3 wks for a 9-day-er. I live in HI so it has been a while since I have been on snow. Can't wait!!!!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I just installed a set the other day. I can't say enough CycleCat's customer service.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just got the bars in...

they were rated a 70% in appearance (tool slip in de-burring process). it took me a bit to actually find the mark. other than it will mar the appearance of a $40k showbike - you don't even notice it. this is a testament to the insane standards that cc stuff must meet to leave the factory, i guess.

i am a happy monsterboy. now i may have to pick up a yoyodyne clutch slave now that i will be bleeding the clutch for the bar install...hmmmm - looks like lots of bag lunches for the next couple months. ;D

<hint>hopefully a set of rearsets will hit the catshop page as well. </hint>

thanks to alfred and toni at cc for the great service and answering all my questions.

cheers!
steve

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats!!

btw why did you replace out the 3rd eyes? not classy enough or was there a functional reason?

also what is a clutch slave?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the $5 3rd eyes rocked, but they tend to flutter at highway speeds, are a bit fragile and won't work with the cc bar sliders. they were an experiment to see if i liked bar end mirrors...which i do.

doesn't the yoyodyne come with at least one? oy vey - i guess i will need to give chris at ca-cycleworks more money. if i keep this up, i'm gonna be listed as a sponsor on his racebike!
:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts