Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Awesome news!!! ;D :( [thumbsup]....

So is the line up going to be Stoner & Caparossi? - Chris

ps, i lorv the Aussie>Ducati conections in MotoGp & WSBK!!

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
he'd better pull his bloody head in then! the eyeties won't stand for outspoken public whinging about the team. novel way to get a ride though, punt off gibernau, aggravate his injuries (not that i'm a fan) and steal his ride. [cheeky] i still maintain if they had stuck with bayliss he would have been as competetive as capirossi, hiring a has been like checa and a nevawas in gibernau must have been counterproductive. i guess the ciggy sponsors have too much input sometimes ::).

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
loony888 said:
he'd better pull his bloody head in then! the eyeties won't stand for outspoken public whinging about the team.
Errrmmm, you sure you're not confusing Stoner with Ant West? Casey seems to me to be a perfect example of how a rider should act as a spokesman for his team - he's always highly complimentary of his bike and team, and admits to being personally responsible for his mistakes and any resultant poor results...

big

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
at the japanese round he apparently said he crashed in the race because the team messed with the bike in the morning warm up. the coverage on foxtel throughout the year has reported a few snippets of similar complaining. i'm not knocking the guys talent, once he gets his head around the bikes limits he'll be a real contender, but deserved or not, whining in public about the team is not cool, i hope he grows out of it.
and yeah ant west moans and complains, got him sacked from KTM too, hope he's learned from it...though i doubt it. :-\

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I'm just stoked to see another Aussie talent "choosing" the perfect bike to race on ! [cheeky]

Given the performance of the Duc 800's so far(limited, I know, but...) 2007 could shape up to be a very good year for both Ducati and Stoner.

I've always liked to cheer on the Ducs and the aussies and the doctor(ok, pretty much the italians), but now I'll less than half the field to cheer on ! [laugh] [laugh]

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ducati obviously want to crash test their bikes and who better than Stoner...

If someone can teach him to stay on 2 wheels rather than upside-down in the kitty-litter the kid may show some promise!!!!

I hope he goes well, but I would have rather seen Marco on the Duc...

Ita

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Ita said:
Ducati obviously want to crash test their bikes and who better than Stoner...

If someone can teach him to stay on 2 wheels rather than upside-down in the kitty-litter the kid may show some promise!!!!

I hope he goes well, but I would have rather seen Marco on the Duc...

Ita

Give the kid a chance F.F.S. , what do you expect him to do first year on a GP bike ... ? ?

Do you know a guy called **** Doohan ?? and if so , do you know how many years he spent as a crash tester before dominating the sport for ?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Paul.C said:
Give the kid a chance F.F.S. , what do you expect him to do first year on a GP bike ... ? ?

Do you know a guy called **** Doohan ?? and if so , do you know how many years he spent as a crash tester before dominating the sport for ?
Yup I remember ****, he reined over the most boring era of GP racing that I can recall. His stuffed body is testiment to his crashing abilities!!!

As for Casey... He has had a good rookie year, but what a year it could have been if not for his amazing amount of stupid crashes!!!

Look a Chris V. on the other hand... A steady learning curve... A rookie year where he nearly pipped his much more experienced team mate....

Casey should have stayed in 125s or 250s until he learnt how to win a championship!!! Ya do that on two wheels!!!!

Ita

PS. 4 Hondas in front of him and 2 behind him. Pedrosa the other rookie nearly double his points!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ita said:
Yup I remember ****, he reined over the most boring era of GP racing that I can recall. His stuffed body is testiment to his crashing abilities!!!

As for Casey... He has had a good rookie year, but what a year it could have been if not for his amazing amount of stupid crashes!!!

Look a Chris V. on the other hand... A steady learning curve... A rookie year where he nearly pipped his much more experienced team mate....

Casey should have stayed in 125s or 250s until he learnt how to win a championship!!! Ya do that on two wheels!!!!

Ita

PS. 4 Hondas in front of him and 2 behind him. Pedrosa the other rookie nearly double his points!!!

I have to agree there with you Ita, wouldn't it be good to see PEDROSA on a Ducati ;D [thumbsup]

·
Registered
832 Posts
bigiain said:
What, you don't like Loris?

>:D

big (oh, you said "_on_ a Ducati", not "sliding along the track while his Ducati takes out his teammate"...)
Hheh heh heh heh... Very funny big....

Thing is Casey don't care where or who he crashes into....

Dani has just about doubled Crash Stoner's points for the year....

Marco and Loris woulda bin a dream team..... Only excelled by Val and Loris!!!

Ita

·
Registered
285 Posts
bigiain said:
What, you don't like Loris?

>:D

big (oh, you said "_on_ a Ducati", not "sliding along the track while his Ducati takes out his teammate"...)
Yes, I love Loris he has done so well, but Loris and Dani would be a great little Dream Ducati team don't you think?? ::) [thumbsup]

·
Registered
972 Posts
FARK!! Give the kid a chance will ya, I think he will go alright, has anyone read stoners take on what he's been up to in the latest issue of RAPID? (not you Ron) his talk on tyre side grip is very interesting, so lets let the kid loose on some decent machinery.

Mmick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts