Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've been drooling over your bikes for so long, I'd like to return the favor by introducing my baby. She is stock to the bone, although I did convince the dealer to swap the red wheels for some grey ones. Let the mods begin. I'm looking to keep her elegant.

I know you guys have given mod suggestions a thousand times, but be nice and indulge me. Thanks :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats, fellow M1000 rider!

I was wondering what a Senna woud look like without them red wheels. One of these days I'd like to check out your bike in person.

Don't forget to visit the SoCal board. Lots of local stuff going on.

G

·
BTW, 4000 miles on my 1000, gets better every time I ride it. At about 1200 miles, it seemed like someone threw a switch, and all of a sudden, it was like a different bike.

G

·
There's only one "must-do" mod when it comes to a new Monster:

You've got to ditch the mickey mouse mirrors - they really detract from the look of the bike. I've been very pleased with my round bar-ends... much better looking, and decent visibility.

G

·
I agree on the mirrors. My wife found a dealer who was selling the mirrors off a 900 for a good price, and we put them on my M750S. They look fine.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Lose that tail!.
Herb, you really do have a thing with tails, don't you? ;D Can we see a pic of your chopped tail, is there one somewhere on the board?

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Looks really nice with the grey wheels. I'd have to go along with the rest of the sugesstions. Ditch the mirrors for some bar ends, loose all the reflectors and stickers, re-tie the wiring bundles so they aren't all over your frame, chop the tail, or at least loose all that crap hanging under the duck-bill (the DML plate holder would do that for you), and start looking into some slip-on exhaust cans.

IMO, with the subdued coloring of the grey on grey, anything you do flatten the lines of the bike out and make it look sleeker will be apealing to the eye. Right now, those big silver cans and the mud-flap/plate holder tend to draw the eyes and on first glance one misses the rest of the bike. Maybe shorten or remove the hugger as well, stock bikes just look too fat back there to me.

Good luck, have fun,
--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Change the gearing down 1 tooth in the front or go up 2 in the back. You'll love the difference as they are geared pretty tall in stock format.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Part of the beauty of the monster is that you can do what ever you want with it. Ideas from other monster riders gives you the edge to start customizing your monster. However your creativity is what will make your ike yours and unique.
Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the replies. This is getting really good. I'm hooked. Keep them coming.

BTW, I've had my eyes on the DP titanium slip-ons, ever since the Long Beach Motorcycle Show. Does anybody have these. Or more importantly, heard these? I think I want to keep them in a metallic color, and those look very sweet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts