Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... Can this be done??? (I'm sure it's possible) are there kits or anything that will allow me to make my stock cans into hi-mounts??? I really want a hi-mount system, and if I keep my cans and just have them modified (probably by strati), why not? ;D

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would call up motowheels or motostrano and ask if you can order just the "S-pipes" and then see if you can make it work...

J

·
0 Posts
I don't know if your interested but I just saw a pair of brand new termi high carbon pipes on Ebay for $399(i believe they were "buy now". sounded like a good deal
JJ

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not set on stock, but I'd like to spend under $400 if possible.. I'll have to check out the termi's. How do they sound?compared to a sil? I like deep sounding pipes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
So have you gone ahead and ordered the high mounts or gone with the S pipe? Im kind of curious to see if that would work, Im all about saving money too, I prefer the high mount look to the lower and if the S pipe mod would work for the look and could give me some time to save up for a real set, hey Im all about that!!

V

·
0 Posts
Keep in mind, if you raise the heavier stock cans (heavier than aftermarket ones) you will increase (raise) your center of gravity which is never a good thing....

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe I'll just stick with getting a pair of sils or vinces... :-/

Those rear side panels were pretty sweet though.. maybe I can pick some up when I go to Italy.. :D

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I was looking to do this with some TwoBros low cans, and had no luck finding just S-Pipes.
you might check with stuart at spareshack.com just in case.

We ended up having s-pipes custom made...cost like $400 for that and a few other custom -made parts.
best bet is to get a whole system with the s-pipes, brackets and cans.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts