Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend with a 2003 M800 Dark, He will like to get some stock pipes from E-bay to send them to Strati, my questios is;
Can he used stock pipes from a S4, M900, M750?? ???
Thanks
Erick.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
All the 2-valve motors have the same pipes. I think the normal S4 also has the same pipes, but you'll have to double-check that.

T

·
0 Posts
I've got two sets in the garage (one from M600 and another from an S4). They carry different PNs.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I have a set of Arrows that are from a 2001 M900ie on my 620 right now. Well actually they belong to Ppoitras now. I do have a set of Termis from SocalSars S4 now. Not installed yet.

I was told by the guy at Arrow that ALL the 2 valvers use the same system as far as "S" pipes and what not. I think the differance in the Part #s you are seeing from the 600 to the S4 maybe because the S4 have catalysts in them.

S

·
0 Posts
cats are included in cans on '03 bikes (but not all... i think the change was done mid-swing).
fitment's universal across the lowmounts. the difference between the 620 and s4 cans for example, is size. the s4's are a bit larger for more cubic volume for the exhaust to resonate before release. this is necessary to get good power out of the motor when the can's restricted. when derestricted, it really makes no difference that i can tell.

D

·
0 Posts
when I got rid of my stock S4 cans, I noticed it had part numbers that inlcuded teh M750 and M900. but, I don't see why they wouldn't work on a 620

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the help!!! ;)
Erick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts