Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 33 inch inseam and the stock seat is to low for me and also I am almost sitting on the tank especially under hard braking. What seat can should i get that will be a little taller?

G

·
the sargent and corbin seats are sculpted in a way that doesn't drop you crotch-first into the tank when braking.
me? i've still got the stocker on. i'm surrounded by ball-busters so mine are like iron anyways. ha!
actually, i'm considering bringing my seat to a furniture apholsterer to get it resculpted. a local guy i know got his done for about $50 or so and digs the results.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
FAST_MONSTER,

The problem with the stock seat IMO, isn't the height, but the shape.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
FAST_MONSTER,

I had my seat dished out in the back by Corbin, actually to a point lower than stock, and widened slightly at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I have a Dark, which didn't come with a seat cowl, so I'm not sure about fit. The seat cost $250 from Corbin, and I rode into their Hollister plant to have to custom made.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Waaa. I have a 28" inseam and have just ordered the DP lower seat. Dont have a confident feeling tip toeing 194kgs!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Being 6'2 with almost a 36" inseam, aside from the
stock seat issue I often felt too compacted.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I've got a Sargent seat and the first thing I noticed from the stock was how much longer the bike felt. I end up sitting futher back and like Strati said you stay off your balls better.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Briefly put, the Sargent will solve your problem, not sure about the Corbin but probably will also. Been there done that. 6'2", 185.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts