Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
be a real man, take the seat off completely.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
[laugh]

after a few thousand miles, the seat actually gets pretty comfortable. the lady and I can go on a 1.5 hour ride no problem. That 1.6th hour though... :-X

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Is this your first bike?

If so, you will find the stock seat super comfortable over time.

I can ride hours at a time on it without a budge.

When compared to my previous "hard as rock" Jap bike seats, I find the Duck seat one of the most comfortable ones.

Tom

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Thumper said:
If so, you will find the stock seat super comfortable over time.
Ya right! I never got used to it...my wife on the other hand thought it was just fine. I think it depends on the individual and their specific butt. ;)

Where are you located ChoppaBill? Someone may have a good recommendation for a local custom motorcycle seat shop.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No This is not my first bike...I've been riding, racing and building bikes for 37 years!.........Maybe that's my problem....I'm getting old ( 51 yrs. old). I've had everthing from Kawi's to Harley's and that is the worst seat! The seat on my 999s is better then the Monster seat. But not to worry, I ordered a Sargent seat today, should be here before the weekend. Thanks for the all the help from the people on this site. I'm in NorCal ( east bay area), I'm looking forward to meeting and riding with some of you. I love the smart ass comments I have read (really).

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
What bike do you have chopperbill? I have noticed that the new 695 seat is less cushy than any other monster seat I have seen or felt. The S2R seat will fit on the bike too and definately has more padding and changes the ride position slightly. You can see the padding just by looking at the shape of the seat. Let us know what you think of the sargent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own a 2005 S2R monster that I just put around 2500 miles on this summer. The stock seat was okay, but my butt was starting to get sore after a 200 mile ride. I did some searching and info gathering about the Sargent, Corbin, and DP gel seat. I decided on the Sargent seat and am 100% satisfied with the seat and its appearance. It feels awesome and is a great upgrade(sorry, no italian flag).

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
If the Sargent doenst do it for you, Ebay it and get the Ducati Performance Gel Seat. Its 40% cheaper than the Sargent if you can believe that something Ducati can be cheaper (realitively speaking of course). I got one on for the Monster earlier in the year and it made all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
for just a little bit more info chopperbill, I really like my sargent seat, but while my bike was down, I had the front reshaped a bit so it wouldn't put pressure on my inner thighs as much and it made a world of difference even after the big difference I got from just switching to the sargent, very much worthwhile in my case [thumbsup]

original

reshaped

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
KaliDuke1 said:
I think it's a DML rule to make smart ass comments. [laugh]
And rules were made to be broken.

I love all of you. Everyone here is so wonderful and helpful. I dream about everyone each night and think about the love I share with everyone each day.

Love always,

Tom

ha ha ha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts