Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking for a stock monster exhaust to chop and put on my 2003 m1000. can anyone offer any advice on how much should a used stock exhaust run, etc?

tnx
rob

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I've seen near new take-offs on Ebay for $50-60 for a pair.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
things to keep in mind. cans off any monster will fit. cans off any '01+ monster will have the same style mounting bracket. cans from '03 bikes have catalytic converters which add a significant chunk of weight.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Strati,
My 02 S4 carries a can with part# ZDM-A21. I saw recently a new 04 620 at the local dealer with the same part number. Do you think my 02 S4 has catalytic converters in the cans?
Joe

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Strati,
My 02 S4 carries a can with part# ZDM-A21. I saw recently a new 04 620 at the local dealer with the same part number. Do you think my 02 S4 has catalytic converters in the cans?
Joe
the actual partnumber's plenty longer than that (check the spare parts catalogs at www.ducati.com/bikes/catalogs.jhtml). to answer your question though, nope... i'm POSITIVE your '02's cans don't have cats.
for those curious (because oddly enough, i've seen some '03's cans with, some without), pull your muffler off the bike and peek into the inlet end (the end that slips into the header). if you see a honeycomb shaped obstruction, that's the cat.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Catalytic convertors, huh? Dang, no wonder the stock cans are 11 lbs apiece and the Hindles are only 3!! Makes you wonder if performance gains are from more power or a whole lot less weight.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I bought a pair of good used stock cans from a dealer for $50.00. That included the rubber bushing, spacers, and all hardware.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I got a pair off of ebay for like $50 as well. Work like a dream & Strati did a great job modifying 'em.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've been taking in about 2 pairs of cans/week recently (people gearing up for the riding season!) but am not tapped out for capacity. if you'd like to have yours done, drop me a line at [email protected]. if you'd like to rework 'em yourself, contact me and i'll go over what you'll need to do.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks, strati! i'm not sure which option i'll go with. there's about 4 sets of stock exhaust on e-bay right now. realistically, i won't have time to do them myself, so i'll probably drop you a line when i get the pipes.

tnx
-rob

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I have my original cans with about 500 mi on them. You can have them for $40 plus shipping.

I could also send them straight to Strati if that's what you plan on doing with them. It'll save you a bit since you won't have to pay for shipping twice.

--Fillmore

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have my original cans with about 500 mi on them. You can have them for $40 plus shipping.

I could also send them straight to Strati if that's what you plan on doing with them. It'll save you a bit since you won't have to pay for shipping twice.

--Fillmore

sold. just get me a price on the shipping and let me know how you'd like to be paid. . . thanks!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
 stock monster exhaust:

There are two sets of stock cans on ebay now, neither has any bids one has two hours to go and the other about 36 hours, one for $15 the other $25 item # 2459422108 and 2459698266, both are 2001s

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I paid $22 for mine on ebay, had the seller ship them directly to Strati to be moded (saved shipping $ and time). If you are not in a hurry just keep low-balling on can auctions... Don't pay more than 50 that is for sure!

I kept my stock ones untouched just incase I ever needed to put quieter cans on the bike (safety check, some new EPA laws, track day, MSF course, who knows....).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts