Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a lightweight (Nichols) Flywheel on my 2004 Monster S4R. It was a modification that the previous owner made, and I understand that some Monster owners like the light flywheel as a performance upgrade. I would like to replace the light flywheel that is currently on my bike with a stock flywheel. If anyone has a stock flywheel for this bike, I would be interested in purchasing it or perhaps trading my lightweight flywheel for it.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I have a lightweight (Nichols) Flywheel on my 2004 Monster S4R. It was a modification that the previous owner made, and I understand that some Monster owners like the light flywheel as a performance upgrade. I would like to replace the light flywheel that is currently on my bike with a stock flywheel. If anyone has a stock flywheel for this bike, I would be interested in purchasing it or perhaps trading my lightweight flywheel for it.

Cheers!
OOh,ooh,ooh...I want dibs!

I have a stock flywheel. I want your Nichols, let's work a deal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flywheel Exchange

Excellent! I think we'll have a mutually beneficial trade. How do you want to work the switch? Right now, the Nichols flywheel is on the bike. I was planning to take the stocker (once I acquired one) and the bike to my mechanic and have him do the replacement, mainly because I don't have a lot of options for getting the bike to the shop without at least one of the two flywheels installed. I'm open to suggestions, though. I could always send a deposit until I can get the lightweight flywheel to you. Is there another more secure way to do the transaction?

Cheers!
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
If you send a small deposit (say $40) through PayPal with your correct mailing address, I'll send the flywheel to you. Then you can send the Nichols my way once he gets it off. Once I get the Nichols, I'll refund your money + shipping both ways. With an USPS Medium Flat Rate box it will only cost $10 one-way. So, once I get the Nichols I'll send you $50 back.

Deal?

***I think I'm getting the better of the deal here so, if you ever need anything else, Please let me know.

PayPal: [email protected]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The deposit is on the way. I think we've got a good arrangement. I understand the performance advantages of the lightweight flywheel, but with these tight mountain roads that I ride here in Western NC, an S4R is already overkill. The stocker will be better for me. I'm not sure what other parts I would ever need for the bike, but I certainly don't mind having a contact for parts swapping for the future, so keep me in mind.

Cheers!
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts