Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, so I'm getting a taste of how high maintenance a ducati can be. Just dropped a few on some new pirelli tires and I'm trying to find a new chain. I don't want to skimp out and get something cheap but I don't want to break my bank either. Now according to my manual it says my pitch is 620 with 108 links... okay well I can't find a 620 chain anywhere...
I can find 520 all day so my question is.

Can I use any 108 link chain or does it really have to be a specific pitch for the best performance?

Also recommendations on which brand would be helpful
Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm fairly certain that you need a 520 chain. I'm not aware of anything like a 620 being used on a standard street motorcycle. Could have been a misprint. A DID X-Ring is a good choice that won't break the bank. However don't neglect the sprockets. A new chain on worn sprockets is going to shorten the life of the new chain, and speed up the wear on the already worn sprockets. Yeah, it all adds up I know. But spending a little more now will help avoid spending a lot more later.

Tires and chains are common to just about any motorcycle. Trust me, when you truly run into the "Ducati" things, you'll know it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts