Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes. It is a bit busy with all the ads but it's free.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Probably only until something better for the local area comes along....I though about using the private forum I just set up, but it seems there might already be something in the works....

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I agree the board's changes were unnecessary because what we had worked perfectly well. Also, I hate most of these modifications since none of them are conceived to make our experience better in any way. Everyone agrees that everything that happened to the board in the last week or so was done so that a group of people other than the users would generate profit. That by itself represents a huge change. DML went from a group of people who love their monsters, to a business trying to generate revenue.

However, the most important thing about this board is the group of people that use it and not the interface. Sadly, I have been able to feel that some of us have left and will be scattered around different boards on the web and most likely never join together again in one place.

I for one would rather put up with the changes together as a group and stay together than lose the enormous human resource this board has been over the last 4 years for and even longer for others. Maybe with time we'll get the new management to agree on certain changes.

If there was a way to move everyone to another board at the same time, it would be great. But we know that wont happen.

My two cents.

Jo Toha

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I check in here a few times a day and there are always a few dozen new posts every time.

That post was just part of the forum lifecycle. After a few years a bunch of the "cool people" decide that the grass is greener at another forum. Ironically a large group of cool people also just left that board. Then, they slowly trickle back to the original. It happens in every forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts