Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having Tapeworks do me some tank decals and I'm wondering if after I remove the stock silver stickers if there is going to be a halo or ghost impression left on the tank ?
When I took the warning sticker off the tank I just rubbed the area with naptha and there was no sign of the old sticker.
I should say my bike is a Dark so there is no clear over the stickers. Anyone have any wisdom on the topic?

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Probably, I did... You can probably use some detailer's clay to remove it but you'll have to do the whole tank, otherwise, you'll have a shiny spot around the decals.

Be careful, if you get too agressive with the clay, you could go right through the thin paint on the dark.

--Fillmore

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Rev. I may wind up fogging the whole tank with Krylon satin clear to unify the surface after the graphics go on. I used it to topcoat my SBK fr. fender after I painted it and it's a perfect match for the Dark surface.

·
Registered
223 Posts
my tank decals came off without much trouble. there was a slight halo from the glue residue, but it completely disappeared after i cleaned the area with some wd40.

however, i took the lettering off right after i bought the new bike. it's possible that prolonged exposure to sunlight on an older bike would leave a halo around the decals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts