Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hass anyone got hte S4 steering damper ? I saw one in the ducati performance catalog that is a top mount that looks nice...I wonder how much that one is ? Any ideas ? Any other options ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
There's a new (still in the packet) S4 Ducati Performance top yoke mounted steering damper kit on ebay.co.uk with five days to go. The new price is

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
if you want to buy it and get it posted to me, I,ll send it on to the US for you
just bought a matris damper for mine sit underneath out of the way

·
Registered
849 Posts
Well, the bike in the pic is obviously not an S4, but the setup looks similar. One word of advice: If you get the top mount for an S4 and you're thinking of ever upgrading to Cycle Cat bar risers, make sure you specify that you have a top mount damper when you order. The risers are slightly different for that application and you need the CC damper mounting bracket.

-R.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dammit..i just got cycle cat risers.... i'm going about this the wrong way !!!!

got any pics of what you described, a cycle cat mount ?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Well, you don't actually NEED their damper bracket as long as you don't care about the Cycle Cat hub getting nicked a little. It's barely visible in the pic here (in the highlight at exactly 6 o'clock position on the hub) - picture full right steering lock, the hub will hit the arm that holds the damper in place.

Also notice where the position for the clamp bolt of the riser is - it interferes with the triangular damper bracket. Cycle Cat has since graciously replaced these with the correct ones, where the bolt is facing the front of the bike. Definitely check yours before you install them.

-R.

PS: call or email Alfred @ Cycle Cat. I'm sure he'll send you pics of the correct bracket (I never got it, I had already screwed up my hub before anybody told me there was a replacement bracket for my damper. Runs about $100.- I think).

·
Registered
158 Posts
TBR wants $422 for a Matris damper. Does anyone know where a "deal" can be had for this unit?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
OK, I just called TBR. Their margains on these are crap, so I'm stuck selling at MSRP. :( :p They are normally a better vendor than that... edited to add: I think part of the problem is that the Euro is currently kicking the US Dollar's ass. In the big picture, the weak dollar is good in that it invites more foreign spending. The bad thing is, it makes EVERYthing Ducati related (that's imported) cost more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey chris, do you know if the cycle car riders will interfere with this damper ? if not, i'll order one up :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Bummer...... A dealership buddy of mine is looking into getting a price for me, so I may be able to score a deal after all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does anyone ACTUALLY KNOW if this dampener will fit on the S4R.

I am sure everyone, including myself, can take a guess but I would actually like to know if this is a direct fit/copy from the 03' S4 front end assembly.

Thanx
Liter

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I just got my Scotts steering damper from Scotts in the US. It only took two weeks (or less) to arrive here in Australia and fits a treat. The only thing I neglected to mention to them was the fact I had earlier (94 model) handlebar risers and I had to add spacers otherwise the kit fitted on very easily. I've always been a bit concerned about a damper hanging off the side of the bike where it can get damaged easily.

**Little side note for Aussies I also had to pay GST (our tax) of $62AUD before I could pick it up. Mind you the Aussie dollar compares OK at the moment so...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts