Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on taking my S4 for a track day. I'm going to install a set of frame sliders, but I was wondering if a steering damper might be worthwhile? I've been considering one, but if it could be helpful at the track, I'll take the plunge now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would NEVER get on a track without one.......definitely not a safe move. It is mandatory for every race organization that I have been involved with. I machined a fork clamp from a chunk of aluminum and mounted one from a 998 (unfortunately it is not adjustable). Obviously if you do not have the means to fab on up I think you can pick on up for about $120.00 including fork mount.
Get one...........just my $0.02.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I wouldn't go over 50 mph without a damper. Anyone who has ever experienced "death wobble" "tank slapper", whatever you call it, knows this is not a joke. It was the first (and only) time my life flashed before my eyes -- literally. I amazingly managed not to crash. I downshifted very fast and engine braked hard all the way down to 0 mph and rode right into the break down lane on the highway. I rode 30 mph all the way back home shaking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an S4R and I can tell you that I keep my dampener set very low all the time. When I first bought the bike, it did not have one, and I too came extremely close to losing it. Get one yesterday, it will enhance all stability aspects on your bike. Restores confidence in pushing the limits of it.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 4 of 4 Posts