Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that no top mount damper will work with clipons.

SO the only options are the low mount, side mount, and the scotts unit.

The side mount is not comfortable for me as it juts into my knee. especially at full lock.

That leaves the scotts and the low mount units. The scotts looks funny as it retains the stock handlebar plate and naturally sits pretty high. Its a possiblity but I want to weigh alternatives.

So what low mount options do I have? Ive seen the DP part that retails for $600 and $800 for the CF version :-X

All you clipon guys, what damper do you use? BTW Im on a 99 m750

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I have to hedge this a bit as neither the clipons nor the damper are on the bike, but I'm installing Vortex clipons (which require raising the forks and thus quickening the steering) and the $130 "Monster damper" from Spareshack to offset what I think will be too-quick steering, as soon as they get here. After hearing what happened to Scott Nelson, a damper has been on my list for awhile, and the clipons forced it. I'll post a report after they're both installed.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of this Monster damper from spareshack. Can you post a pic or URL? Where does it mount?

All I can find is a "Billet triple clamps with integral steering damper"

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sat on a bike with the biturbo side mount (im talking true side mount not under the fork). It is the same with any side mount for me, even on other model bikes I have sit on. So, it really has nothing to do with the biturbo unit specifically. Its because Im so damn lanky thant my knees go out further than most riders' knees.

Thanks for the Matris link. Funny enough, I called 2bros racing and they told me the Matris M3 is a top mount by phone. So---- who is right, because the kneedraggers says it mounts under the forks????

·
Premium Member
243 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got 2bros on the phone again and verified the mount location of the matris. it DOES mount on the BOTTOM for 98-01.

Two brothers has them on blowout if anyone wants to save a couple hundred bucks off MSRP. Unfortunately, there are no returns for blowout stuff so make sure this is the one you want b4 ordering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts