1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I'd like to see another local track. Used to go to Indy Car races in Nazareth before that track closed. Still go to Pocono and Dover to see the Nascar races. Would be a bonus to have a track that had a road course and track days.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
i would love a track in SI. they can have moto track days if its set up right.

but dont hold your breath, they are also considering south jersey and they haven't bitched about the offer.

SI on the other hand has already started bitching about traffic and the such :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i looked up other .75 mile Nascar tracks, (i.e. Richmond and Memphis,) and it doesn't seem like they do have an infield part.

that's a bummer. guess it would be a boring moto track going in an oval. didn't realize that pocono was a 2.5 mile track. much bigger.

what a waste.

i am seriously getting the itch to go to the track. am thinking of flying out to willow springs for some code in march.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that does look really cool. and only an hour away. i wonder when it will be finished? next summer?

i would love to be able to hit the track mid-week on a day off. talk about clearing the mind.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy nuts!! Thuderbolt looks amazing! I hope they get approval. I wonder if they would open that one and Staten Island? I heard Nascar really wants to get close to NY in terms of marketing.

Thuderbolt looks way better than anything the SI one could be.

So exciting having all of the tracks being built. Crossing my fingers. :)

I wonder how long it would take to build Thuderbolt? Probably a couple years no?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Thunderbolt looks like a great track. I would be cautious about Raceway Park though. There's practically no run-off. :p

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I don't think Staten Island is the spot for it. It would be a pain to get to.

How about up 17 or up the 287.

Put it in the middle of no where let the area develop around it.

Not a lot of jobs up there. So lets make some at the same time as making another cool reason to get away upstate NY!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts