Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
im importing a 94 m900 to canada from the states, at the 'federal' inspection, they couldnt find the soc or statement of compliance sticker, and without that sticker she isnt fit to be in canada. where on the 94 monster is this located, and if it isnt there then how do i get the info on it? i called ducati cust. service and they had no idea what an soc even was??

any help is very appreciated.

jason

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
are you talking about the sticker that has the vin and all that jazz? The only compliance I think that would be applicable would be decibel rating... that is on the silver sticker on the frame.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Yep. What he said ;)

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
The emission sticker is under the seat on my 1997. The frame stickers, none of which are still present on my bike, list VIN#, year of manufacture, and stuff like that.

Do you know what particular thing the sticker is supposed to provide evidence of compliance with?

G

·
The owner's manual should have a picture of all the stickers that come on the bike.

There are a few different types of "compliance" stickers.

There is a Noise Emission sticker, an "Emission Control" label that has a diagram of the vapor recovery system, and an emissions sticker that should say that the bike complies with US and/or California emissions. There is also a general compliance sticker that says that the bike meets all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety standards.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Are you temporary moving to Canada or is it for good?
I moved to Canada for about a yr (i was working there).
They never asked me for anything, not even looked at the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone!
I imported the bike, the only reason It hasnt passed inspections is the missing sticker. Im assuming at some point the sticker came off or was removed b/c its not where it should be, spoke w/ ducati and they are making a new one up?? took them 2 days to figure out what to do, and still have no idea when it will happen.

thanks again for all your help!

jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts