Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted on here a common issue with my 2014 696 not starting and bogging when riding to the point where it was dangerous to ride .......... I replaced the Spark Plugs with NGK DCPR8E and set the gap to 0.9mm . Dont know if it was the plug change but the bike is night & day .....starts great and idles great and no more issues (at least for now) ..... will keep an eye on things to see if it was the plugs and report

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have posted on here a common issue with my 2014 696 not starting and bogging when riding to the point where it was dangerous to ride .......... I replaced the Spark Plugs with NGK DCPR8E and set the gap to 0.9mm . Dont know if it was the plug change but the bike is night & day .....starts great and idles great and no more issues (at least for now) ..... will keep an eye on things to see if it was the plugs and report
Just curious, I’ve noticed that an additional id number comes with these spark plugs. I picked up ones that are 4179, and I’ve seen people install ones with 4339. Is there a specific one we should be using? I have an 09 696 btw.

·
Registered
31 Posts
the 4339 has a removable cap and the 4179 does not - they both do the same job
Gotcha, for some reason I thought the 4339 was needed because of the removable cap...seen people say they only use the 4339, but I guess I’ll Just install the 4179’s thanks for the reply Mister!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Heyo, this is quite an old thread but I noticed the factory gap on these plugs is 0.7mm. Where did you get the 0.9mm value?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Sometimes people try a wider gap. If the spark is strong enough to jump a wider gap sometimes the bikes run better. Or it could have been a mistake. 🤔

Reactions: dave_c
1 - 6 of 6 Posts