Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
That link is dead... Is anyone in the STL area atilll interested? I'm in Southtown. There are 2 Ducati dealers in the area, but not a whole lot of em on the street. I've lived here 6 years, and have only seen ONE that was not on a showroom floor. I suspect that if we can get a club together, it will be a amall club indeed!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Met a guy in Defiance that has a Paul Smart and a 999R, along with several other bikes. Come to Chuck-A-Burger in Saint Charles on Thursday night. There will be an s-load of bikes. Maybe you'll find some Monsters

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
How late do things stay hoppin' at the new Chuck-A-Burger? My thursday evenings are booked until 9:30-10:00 for the next 4-5 weeks (classes). I'd like to run out there afterwards though.

I spotted a yellow monster with small flyscreen in south city about 3 weeks back. It was parked on the street on Juniata or Wyoming. I was zipping-by in my cage without time to stop & look closer though.

-dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good question about the time. If there is a movie screening outside, perhaps they'll need to wait until dawn to start?? Maybe you can call me when you get out of class and I'll let you know what's cookin'. Yellow Monster South City? Maybe it's Michelle. She's a friend of mine I haven't seen in a while, but she has a 600 or 620 - something like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello St. Louis! I'm now the proud owner of an '03 Duc SS1000DS. Bought it brand new earlier this week and I'd like to say one thing about the ride. Booooyah! I live out near Wentzville so my availability to wide open twisties is out my back door. Wait, what am I doing sitting here Saturday morning type this out.........see ya!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Trogdor said:
Hello St. Louis!  I'm now the proud owner of an '03 Duc SS1000DS.  Bought it brand new earlier this week and I'd like to say one thing about the ride.  Booooyah!  I live out near Wentzville so my availability to wide open twisties is out my back door.  Wait, what am I doing sitting here Saturday morning type this out.........see ya! 
Congrats! Come up to Bike Night at the Chuck-A-Burger in Saint Charles on Thursday night and let's check it out!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Trogdor said:
Sounds fun.  What's the time window so I can plan.
It supposed to start at 7. Seems like it starts to thin out 9:30-10. Ill most likely be on a Silver M109, riding with an old school GSXR and Black/Gold Buell

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Mostly a bump to get some feedback from the STL DMLers to chime-in.

We need to get a group ride going.

I took a nice long ride on Christmas eve - about 200 miles.

Gas-up in Webster Groves

I-44 West to I-270
I-270 South/East to 30
30 South/West to MM (at House Springs)
MM South to 21
21 South to DeSoto

Stopped at DeSoto for lunch. Up to this point I was really just reacclimatizing myself to the bike as it had been in the shop for the previous 2 weeks and the week or 2 before that was way cold or I was on the road for work.

This is where the ride got fun though...

H West (mild twisties)
A West (wild twisties)
185 North to Sullivan

Stopped for gas & coffee in Sullivan. I considered heading on home via 44, but I was enjoying the ride too much.

185 North to KK (long sweeping turns)
KK North/East to 100
100 East into Washington (stopped in Washington for more coffee - it was getting colder)
100 East to T

T North/West to MM (in Labadie)

MM to 100 to 44 (through the Purina Farms / Grey Summit area)

44 East back to STL

I could not have asked for a better ride. Weather was cool, but not too cold. Rode a great variety of roads.

I'm very willing to plan 2-8 hour trips originating in STL and returning the same day if anyone here is interested.

-dave

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys....I am near STL and I started the stlducati site originally....I am finally getting a Duc tomorrow and would be willing to start that site up again if there is an interest.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Cory said:
Hey guys....I am near STL and I started the stlducati site originally....I am finally getting a Duc tomorrow and would be willing to start that site up again if there is an interest.
Fire it up, man!

I'd try to get together for a ride this weekend, but I'm registered in the expert MC course and will be busy for most of both Saturday & Sunday in the class.

I'm up for a morning ride Memorial Day Sunday, if you're interested. Morning for me means leaving at 9:00 ish and returning around 2:30 or so. ;)

Hell, I can change schedules Memorial Day weekend just to ride with another Ducatisti in the area - just let me know.

Where in town are you located?

-dave

1 - 20 of 29 Posts