Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my bike today, and the bike wouldn't start. I took my finger off the starter but it continued to try to start the bike, like it was stuck. So I turned the key to the off position, tried again and it fired right up. Freak accident or warning to a future problem?? This is the only time this has ever happen. Normally, I flip the stop switch to run, move the fast idle lever half way and push the starter. She starts, I smile! Today on the other hand was no smilin. So should I worry or not??

·
Registered
374 Posts
Personally I think if its a problem worth worring about it will happen more that once with in a few days. Hows that?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Mine has done this as well. But for me it only happens when im showing someone my bike whos never seen it. I think it does it just to embarass me. From what I gather though is that its a little glitch with newer ducs starter systems. I read a review on a 999 that exclaimed the same situation. For me its just an annoyance. If it starts to do it more often though ill probably take it in under warranty. But I KNOW that if I took it in for it now that the I would NOT be able to get it to mess up. Thats just how things work.

·
0 Posts
Got an '03 800 and having the same problems, the shite won't start. At the dealer now and am waiting for them to get off their asses and handle their business.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts