Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres one... why is my 01 900 stalling durring low speed left hand turns? It almost seems like a short in electrical is cutting out the fuel pump. It is stalling from time to time at low idle but is consistant at low speed (parking lot) left hand turns... ???? anyone? Buler....Buler...

Never mind ... I tracked down the short... my planits are once again in alignment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently had the EXACT same issue with my '01 M900.

I traced the issue into the ignition wiring harness and found a sheared connection. Stinks that I had to cut into the harness to track down the wiring failure, but once I soldered it back together the bike ran great.

Hope this helps anyone else who has this issue. I think the shear could have been caused by an overtightened zip-tie that just slowly caused the ignition switch wire to snap as the bars were turned back and forth, over and over throughout the life of the bike.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
The break on my 01 900 monster occurred in the harness that attaches to the light bracket on the right with a plastic clip. Follow it down about 5 inches. Use a 16 Ga. butt-splice that is weather-proof to reconnect it, mine was the red wire. You will need to cut the harness outer sheath to do this.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts