Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Could you tell me what do you think about the stainless steel termignoni kit for 696?
The sound is the same of the one's in carbon?

Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
I bought the SS Termis because the dealer had them in stock and was discounting them about 20%. I really didn't care what they "sounded" like. What I really wanted was the new ECU which was programmable. Everything on the three variations of the Termi (Carbon, SS, and Titanium) is the same except the exhaust cans. The dealer installed them and adjusted the ECU on a dyno. Great results. Glad I spent the $750.00 on the SS and not the $1300 on the Carbon.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, it sounds different from the stock exhaust for sure, but I did not compare it to one with the carbon or titanium cans. I suspect that they are all close. I tried the Termis without the Db killers and it was a little too loud for me, so I run with the Db killers installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, if you have the stainless steel version and you use the db killers, it means that the noise is ugeeee...
Thank you again for your reply's.

Pedro Araújo
Portugal

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi guys,

Could you tell me what do you think about the stainless steel termignoni kit for 696?
The sound is the same of the one's in carbon?

Thanks
I had SS Termis on my M696- looked and sounded great. The Racing ECU changes the fueling, but I wasn't aware it's any more adjustable than the stock ECU (which is NOT at all) as someone else posted.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought the SS Termis because the dealer had them in stock and was discounting them about 20%. I really didn't care what they "sounded" like. What I really wanted was the new ECU which was programmable. Everything on the three variations of the Termi (Carbon, SS, and Titanium) is the same except the exhaust cans. The dealer installed them and adjusted the ECU on a dyno. Great results. Glad I spent the $750.00 on the SS and not the $1300 on the Carbon.
If you don't mind sharing the results of the dyno I am very curious as to what kind of HP/Tq you picked up with the ecu & exhaust. Did the tuner do before & after runs ?
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
ive recently got the ss termi kit here in oz, as it was heaps cheaper then the carbon, looks good, although the carbon looks a little nicer.

and bike def seemed to run better initially, but now after a few rides it seems to be popping and sputtering more on decel and low rpm. seemed to pick up a lot of torque around the 3-4.5k mark, but ive never seen a dyno of the termi kit.

it would be great if someone had a before and after dyno, with air fuel ratio, hp and torque.

is there any actual adjustments that can be made? ive done the tps reset turning the bike on /off 3 times, but can a ducati dealer do any adjustments with there computer?

ive read they can adjust the tps?

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you don't mind sharing the results of the dyno I am very curious as to what kind of HP/Tq you picked up with the ecu & exhaust. Did the tuner do before & after runs ?
Thanks
Here are the Dyno results measured at the rear wheel: At 8,200 RPM my 696 engine with the DC performance ECU put out 73.1 Hp and 47.8 ft/lb of torque, and the fuel air ratio at that point was 13.5:1. Torque pretty much maxed out at 6,500 RPM and stayed flat up to 8,200 RPM. The above results were on the third and final run after making adjustments to the ECU on the first two runs. I didn't ask for copies of the first two runs. Bike runs great. Zero problems.

·
Registered
64 Posts
From what I understand you can not map a stock 696 ecu you need a power commander, duc. aftermarket ecu or a teka box to re-map it. The popping you get on de acc. can be taken care of with re-mapping but a lot of tuned bikes will pop de acc. I've had a few flue injected race bikes with great HP gains from full exhaust systems & dyno tuning that would pop but the way they ran on throttle was well worth the popping. I had an 06 GXSR with a full Leo Vince that sometimes would actually shoot a small flame out the pipe on de acc. Real cool on the track but not good around town !

I did a search on this forum but could not find a before & after dyno chart. If any one got a link to one please post it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here are the Dyno results measured at the rear wheel: At 8,200 RPM my 696 engine with the DC performance ECU put out 73.1 Hp and 47.8 ft/lb of torque, and the fuel air ratio at that point was 13.5:1. Torque pretty much maxed out at 6,500 RPM and stayed flat up to 8,200 RPM. The above results were on the third and final run after making adjustments to the ECU on the first two runs. I didn't ask for copies of the first two runs. Bike runs great. Zero problems.
thanks for the info :)

if you dont mind, could you post the dyno chart? iam very interested to see the air fuel through out the run, and to see if theres a improvement in torque and hp around 4500rpm etc

the max hp and torque seems pretty good, it must have picked up a few hp up top.

one thing, did power start to drop off at 8200rpm? or is that when they stopped the dyno? i would have thought it would have made max hp at a little higher rpm.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for sharing WM, do you know what type of dyno was used ? In Ca. it seems the most common dyno is the dynojet or eddycurrent the difference being the dynojet usally is about 10% higher in HP numbers. (Not that it matters I'm just wondering as I will be using an eddycurrent) Also did you do a run in stock form ? What I read was stock bike puts out around 64-67HP. I think the best part of the tuning is not max gain but how the bike runs is the most important, when tuning my bikes we always went for a nice smooth powerband over max HP. It sounds like your happy with the results. I won't have the cash to do any tuning until Jan. but I will post up the results.
Thanks again

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think it's just the "skin" of the exhaust that is diff

the internals are the same..

it just depends which "look" u prefer..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I personally prefer the look of SS or Titanium.
Seems like everyone is with the carbon and what I heard the color on the carbon fade later on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts