Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some stock SS clip ons on Ebay and it says they are for 50mm forks so they should work on my 94 M900
Anybody done this before?

UPDATE!!!

Well they worked I had to remove some matierial for the pinch bolts to fit and they really only fit in one position but it works for me.

http://dtmsurf.myshots.net/KillerB-Ducati-M900/DSC01312

http://dtmsurf.myshots.net/KillerB-Ducati-M900/DSC01313

http://dtmsurf.myshots.net/KillerB-Ducati-M900/DSC01311

And they said it could not be done!!!!!! ;D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Re: SS clip ons on a monster?

Good luck getting them under your stock top triple.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Good luck getting them under your stock top triple.
What do you mean? I figured I would just drop the forks out of the triple and slip them on, is there something I should know?

R

·
0 Posts

I think you will be okay on top DTM....it tends to get tricky going under and avoiding running into things on some bikes with some clip ons.....my 900 has always been a problem going underneath, and running into the headlight assembly, which I am sure people like Alex confront all the time when designing bits for us. I don't exactly remember the SS clips but if they have rise, they may not be placed out far enough to clear the triple.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

I have SS clip-ons, dropped the forks, no problem I love them.

R

·
0 Posts

fleedatzmonster, please pull back a little next time.....when I see a shot like this one all I can think of is where is that great looking paint job on the tank.....thank you.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The ones I bought dont look like those, they have some rise to them. The guy said he had mounted them below the triple but that the bars were about level or below the triple after installed. I will play around with them. I dont want to have to push the forks up and mount them on top but If I have to I will.

R

·
0 Posts

Let us know how it works out...hopefully yours will fit under if that's were you want them to go. ;)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

Got cha. the clip'ons on 99+ SPORTS are different than the ones from 99+ SUPER SPORTS.................I think.

note - my top tripple is ****'n UGLY

·
Registered
426 Posts

I think the pre 1999 900ss clip-ons are nearly impossible to fit under the triple. The triple is too big and the fork is not thin enough far enough down. The post 1999 might work fine as they are totally different design.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts

Ditto what Alex said. I fiddled with a set, trying to get them to work (even using the "large hammer" technique), & finally ended up junking them.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

bummer, they are from a 98 ss. :-[ Im thinking that if there are problems with the headlight bracket I will just cut a large hole through each bracket to run cables or wiring. I will probably just end up mounting them on top.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts