Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a monster 600 .If i change my rear sprocket with a 2 teeth larger and my front with a one tooth smaller ,how much(approx.) will my final speed be reduced?

S

·
0 Posts
well, I got a 620 and did hte same thing. reduced top speed from 140 mph to 119 mph

M

·
0 Posts
well, I got a 620 and did hte same thing. reduced top speed from 140 mph to 119 mph
Did you change your spedometer too???

My 620 top speed went from 118 to 120 when I dropped one tooth on the front. Same strech of road, same weather conditions....tucked in, downhill, tail wind etc...

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
You might want to do those sprockets one at a time...doing the front AND the back might gear it too low.
You'll be shifting into 5th at the end of your driveway ;)

H

·
0 Posts
I have a monster 600 .If i change my rear sprocket with a 2 teeth larger and my front with a one tooth smaller ,how much(approx.) will my final speed be reduced?

You may as well have a 4 speed with that gearing, or do you plan on pulling a plow or something? First gear will end up pretty interesting :eek:

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
And your 620 did 140mph where?

S

·
0 Posts
I'm running nitro on my 620 you nonbelievers !!!! The need for speed !!! I love my sleeper. I had a 620 to tool aroudn with since my main ride is a S4, but I wanted more umph. I put nitro on it hehehe

O

·
0 Posts
nitro! isint that very explosive?
must be an adrenalin junky.... i know i get a big rush every time i blow myself up. ;D

H

·
0 Posts
I don't know if my 1000 will do 140?! It may, but not with me on it. I'm just too damn pretty!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
nitro, as in NOS (NO2) right? the thing where you push a button and you get an uncontrolled speed burst for 5 seconds? yea i recognize that from Biker Boyz

Although I am biased, cuz all my riding is under 50 mph 90% of the time. a need to go 140 mph and have my arms ripped off is not my cup o tea. More power to you if you like it though. I'm not one to look down on someone for having different tastes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I bet I could get my '03 620 up to 130 maybe 133 max (mph that is) with just an open air box and a set of Remus slip-ons.
I vaguely remember hitting 125-127, but I know I still had some more.

·
Registered
600 Posts
M1000: I did 120 on a slight uphill.
I stopped because, 1) Ran out of real estate, 2) I almost passed out ;D
It could easily go 130 with enough road length and some brass balls.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I've hit 135+ indicated on my speedo on the M800 Dark, but I think that was being slightly generous. I regularly hit speeds of 110+ going uphill on a 16

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just checked mine again. Flat freeway, semi-dense air (good for intake, bad for wind resistence), tucked and open throttle. Would not budge past 122mph.
This is an '03 620 dark w/ open airbox, low-mount DP (Remus) pipes and nothing else.

D

·
0 Posts
I don't see why you would have to substract anything on bikes that have a sensor speed. it should be ultimately accurate.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
2000 900 Monster. I went from 15/38 to 15/41 and although I never really checked the top speed on the old gearing it still runs to 220kph (you work it out - 132mph I think). Having said that I spend most of the time around 100mph to 120 at most. If you want more buy a 4 valver! Or a Hayabusa.

It will clutch up in second with ease now though!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts