Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty soon here I'm going to purchase FCRs from Chris. Do you think it's still worth my while to go down one tooth on the front sprocket? I've heard one person say they went back to stock gearing after they purchased FCRs. Does anyone else have any input on the matter?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to tell you I have a 99' 900.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have a 94 M900 with FCRs a 944 kit and 14 teeth up front 40 in the rear. It runs great, pulls very hard. I dont think its overkill at all, but thats me.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I rode a 99 M900 with high compression pistons and FCR's once. It had a 42-tooth rear and I don't know if the front was 14 or 15. I absolutely couldn't give that bike full throttle in first gear and keep the front end on the ground. That one was geared a bit too low.

You're only spending about $30 on a 14-tooth front sprocket, and it's easy to swap. Just get it and if you don't like it, switch it back. At least then you'll know you have the gearing that you really want.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I just put a 41 rear on and I have FCR's. First ride was an 60 mile commute, and I hated it. I do ride at 80+ MPH consistently, it was ok up to 75. After that it sucked.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have stock gearing on my 99m900 with 41FCR's.

No probs with it, but fronts are cheap! Play around and see what you like better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts