Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was at the local dealer the other day , and couldn't help to notice the sport classic clip ons,

Just wondering if anyone has tried this , i know there are acouple different setups for the sport classic 1000 and the 1000s

tried the dealer they just wanted to sell me something else ,,,,.

I would love to get the sport classices to fit on my monster .. maybe stock tripple ......, I think the fork sizes are similar ,concerned about tripple clearance ,,, and if i would have to add the same type of spacer kit that comes with the cyclecat setup

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
It's funny, I just sent an email to ducatiseattle to see if I could fit a sport 1000 top triple on a monster. I'll keep you posted if/when I get a response.

-Ed

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
My dealer tried (one of the sales guys has a sport classic and put risers on it so he had the clipons leftover) and there is a clearance issue with the headlight bracket. It may not be insurmountable but it's not a quick "plug and play" swap.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you think it's the same clearance issue as with the cycle cat clip ons . I know they require an aditional kit that fixes the clearance issue
????

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Cyclecat's under triple clipons require no extra parts. (dbr13)

I'm refering to the original sport classic clipons with no riser.

If you were looking at the new sport classic set up with the risers I apologize for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I was going to put some on my S4RS but they wouldn't clear the stock top triple.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
everywhere that i've looked for CC risers say that na adaptor kit is required . Part number phks301 or something like that

c-rex , do you think the tripple would fit as well?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
If your bike has coffin resevoirs then yes, CC stuff requires the part you mentioned.
Your 695 falls into that category I believe.

We were trying the sport classics on an s*r series bike. No luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts