Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speedymoto called to inform me that my full triple clamp set will be arriving tomorrow morning! Has anyone installed the full set up with the tapered bearings? It can't be that hard to do the actual install, but keeping the bike in the air with no front end may be tricky!!
Thanks in advance for the info

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
CADUCMAN said:
Speedymoto called to inform me that my full triple clamp set will be arriving tomorrow morning! Has anyone installed the full set up with the tapered bearings? It can't be that hard to do the actual install, but keeping the bike in the air with no front end may be tricky!!
Thanks in advance for the info
Front and rear stand. two cinderblocks. a two x4 cut into 4 pieces.

Nail the four pieces of 2x4 together in a rectangle less than the width of the engine case. Put bike on front and rearstand. Take off header. Place cinderblocks under engine case. Place square of 2x4s on cinderblocks. Place old towel on rectangle of 2x4s. Lower front end so that bike is supported by rearstand and engine case is resting. Take front apart.

Better yet, suspend the front end off a beam in the garage if you can.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Ducman got any full dress pics? Those look smart! What sort of anodizing did you have done on the fork tubes and my whom?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Bump.

BTW,..

Swwweeeeeet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Which Wednesday is this?? I just got my lower and no instructions :-\ so I'm wondering what the torque specs are and what the extra 'plates' are for??? Also, how to remove the stock bearings.

For me, pics are ALWAYS helpful.

·
Registered
943 Posts
This would have been an awesome write-up for the How-to FAQ's. :'(

·
Registered
190 Posts
Speedymoto Lower triple clamp set install

Well ;D here it is....the SM Lower triple. Pretty easy install just TAKE YOUR TIME. Tools needed: 1/4 point drift (flat end) (make sure it's at least 8" long), rubber mallet, grease, headset nut tool, headset press or 2x4, grease, blue locktite, appropriate wrenches and allen keys.

Yep, that's about all I want to say about the install.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts