Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tryed the speedymoto bar risers on their s4rs? would like to hear about fit and finish, need to raise my stock bars to a more comfortable height. also who are we buying them from?

Thanks,
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Anyone know where I can get some risers for the S4RS that lower the bar closer to the top triple than the stock risers? I'm waiting for a solution replacement top triple but neither the Cycle Cat nor Speedymoto tc will work without moving the oil cooler. TIA

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Hey Chris-
The clearance 'tween the tire and the cooler is compromised when pulling the shorter fork tubes of the Ohlins up into the TC. With the CC TC mounted the front end would drop such that the tire is subject to contact with the cooler under heavy breaking. It's already an issue with the stock setup for which Ducati has posted an advisory bulletin. When we (Herb and Sean P @ Eastside MotoSports, and I) looked at the TC partly pulled down onto the fork tubes we could see this clearance issue straight off. You will know of these things much better than I but I suspect that it is because the stock TC actually has a bit of an arch to it to reach down to the fork tubes whereas both the CC and Speedymoto parts are flat and don't reach down hence the drop of the front end on mounting. This isn't an issue with the Monsters that wear Showas because the Showas are longer, not to mention that most of the other Monsters don't have the oil cooler hangin down front. I can't wait until you guys get it worked out though. Heck.... maybe the easier solution would be for you to make a slick CC oil cooler relocation kit. I'm muddling through it in my head and so far all I can come up with is tacky p-brackets linked to small L-brackets to hang the cooler like the picture below. I'm sure you're much better equipped to create parts to more eloquently achieve the same purpose (and allow me to use a DTC-7 with the DBR-63!). Let me know if you need me to zip down there on my bike and you can make a test piece on my ride. I'm only in Seattle ya know. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
migs76 said:
^^^ that is ****ing badass! has there been any drop/improvement in cooling performance?
I may be wrong, but that's a picture of the desmoworld s4rs and chris at desmoworld would need to answer that question, iirc though, when he first posted it up, he may have mentioned that the new location wasn't giving him any problems and it seemed to work fine...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
'tis indeed hiero. His bike is close to my desired build. (Desmo-)Chris hasn't responded to my direct queries yet but I think the whole country is on one of those European vacation months or something. :) He did post that it was working out just fine for him. Any ideas on how one might mount this cooler would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Guys,

we are still work on the relocator-kit ....

the kit will include

2 CNC maschined mounting brakets,
2 new oil hoses
1 water hose
1 mounting parts
1 mounting instruction

i hope we are ready in middle of november to ship the kits

we never get more thank 95

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Wunderbar! Thanks for the update Chris. As soon as one is available I'm all over it. Is there any way to advance order it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts