Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Monster 1000s. My gauge's went out as did my cpu. I replaced them with a set off of a 2005 monster 1000. Now my speedometer is reading twice the speed. What would be a way to fix this, Thank you for any and all help into this matter. Frank

·
Registered
773 Posts
It could be that your old gauges quit because the ecu was bad ? It might be worth a try to hook them back up to the new ecu and see if they’ll work and show correct speed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Curious to see how this goes, I also have an aftermarket cluster and speed is off by a great margin (30%).

·
Registered
773 Posts
I know in many Ducatis the cluster and ignition must be a mated set for things to function as they should. Substituting either a different Ducati cluster or an aftermarket cluster may not be possible, or may require some sort of matching process in the case of aftermarket. I ‘d check the cluster makers website. Sorry I can’t be more help. Do a forum Search .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did some image searching I think it might be a sport classic 1000. It works just reads like way off. Speed and odo.
872F63F4-5322-47E7-A5E2-359706836687.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts