Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the monster out today first time of the season in NH. All was well until my speedo stopped working. Rpm works fine but the speedo just reads 30mph. got home from the ride and shut the bike off, afterwards i put the key back to start and the rpms needles sweeped and the mph went to about 95 and then back to below 0. any ideas why this could be happening and how can i fix it. 05 s2r800 6100 miles on it

·
Registered
555 Posts
sounds like either the speedometer or your speedometer cable are bad. if it is in warranty get it to a dealer quick that dash is $$$. If not find someone with a similar bike and swap speedo cables (wire that attaches by your rear brake caliper.) If the cable swap fixes it you just need a cable , if not......
bicycle speedo?
good luck

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sounds like the needle is slipping on the motor. Mine did also and i fixed it by taking the gauges apart and putting a small dap of superglue on it. Your bike uses an electronic speedo right?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, im pretty sure its an electronic. i called the dealer and they told me to bring it in so that they can take a look at it.

·
Banned
13 Posts
speedo not working

I just noticed your old posting about a malfuctioning speedo..

I have the exact same bike with speedo problems..did you end up finding a solutions?

My speedo needle is way off, and now I am getting condensation in my gauges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts