Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, there! HELP!

I was wondering if anybody has ever heard of a problem that recently developed on my 2005 Monster S4R. (996 motor)

All of a sudden, the speedometer is reading 25 mph slower than normal, i.e.: when I verified that I'm going 45, the speedo is reading 20.

I've disconnected the battery for a day, I've disconnected the speed sensor and fired the bike up without it, (then reconnected), checked all connections, etc….nothing physically wrong that I can find.

Did I get a glitch in my computer? Does it need to be reflashed?

If this makes a difference, I had recently installed a Power Commander 3USB, (what a difference in drivability, no more lean misfire!), but that only interrupts the injectors and TPS, there's nothing that should affect the speedometer function.

I appreciate your input, my local Ducati dealer had never heard of this.

Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I know I am 6 years late to the party.... Any luck with this issue? I recently scored a 2007 S4R same issue, also has a PCIII. Apparently at 70mph indicated on a highyway the sheriff told me I was hitting 95!!! Lower speeds its off by 15-20 mph as well...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Did it work ?😁
I had a non Ducati that would do that if I didn’t allow time for the bike to go through it’s start up sequence before I shifted into gear. I was trying not to wake people when I left for work.
Once the speedo did it’s full sweep it was accurate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts