Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using one of those aftermarket digital speedos? Was thinking of using one on my 900SS streetfighter.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I am using a bicycle digital speedometer. Most monster speedometers are very inaccurate. Mine read 75 at an actual (GPS) 60 MPH
Magnet zip tied and epoxied to the front disc as close to axle as possible that the sensor will still able to be actuated as the magnet passes by. Accuracy can be adjusted to within +/- 6 ft on the odometer in 100 miles, which in turn means your speedometer is 0.001% accurate (100 MPH is 99.9 to 100.1) until you wear the tire. The only problem is it is not lighted.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought about the bicycle angle too. I like the TrailTech digital stuff for enduro and dualsport bikes but wanted to get as much feedback and info as possible before I made a decission. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have Koso RX2n and i am very pleasant for that :)

And you can get A LOT OF info from that.

Koso RX2N

The entire Koso line looks pretty amazing. How difficult was it to install? Do you just replace the stock cluster, or are a lot more parts needed?

Also is there any way to make it look nice if your monster is unfaired in the front?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well ofcourse you need to do all wiring to new meter. But you can use stock sensors. Its quite easy job, and if you have some wiring diagram its always easier.

RX2n wont nessesery need any fairing, it can be attached for examble handlebar mount.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi:

i am very interested in getting this gauge (Koso RX2n).

So you used the stock sensors (Hall effect) sensors for RPM and Speed ?

What about turn signals ? How did you made them work ?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you want to use original speedo sensor on front hub you need to buy Kosovo digital speedo adapter. Rest you can use original sensors. Just find correct wires from your original meter.

Expet fuel warning light, I did not get that work. But that could just be some config thing.

Juhis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts