Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I hit 263 Km/h

For me - no problem to ride 180 Km/h all day without the ugly small fairing when the wind within the standart.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
without a small fairing , it is difficult to hold the bike straight at over 185 km/h.
I hope an after market co will come up with a decent small fairing , style like the S4R .
I'd love to create an attractive, functional small fairing for the 821/1200 Monsters and I have the wherewithal to do it, but after my sales experience with bellypans, I'm reluctant to invest the needed capital for tools.

·
Registered
218 Posts
How is the belly pan in regards to ground clearance? Does it touch down?
The 1200 bellypan is designed for the standard exhaust header and normal road riding. I have one on my 1200 and rode some 1000 miles last year in the SE Ohio twisties with no scraping. From some work I did last year with Ducati NA, it will scrape on the RH side if you get to a 46 degree lean angle, an amount usually only attainable at a track day, where we suggest you remove the pan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Riding on the tail of an R1 to 145 mph_ he slowed down just when I was just about to shift to 4th...She's a 1200 and is really fast. She jumps up to 120 in flash so I'd say she could reach the governor at 186 pretty easily. 145 without a windshield is fast enough. Cuts through traffic in LA perfectly and the engine breaking keeps you in control. Wheelies if you want them, I like the 6" poor wheelies the best and can get those in the first three gears. Down shifting is music to year years - a little snap crackle pop. Get one!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Riding on the tail of an R1 to 145 mph_ he slowed down just when I was just about to shift to 4th...She's a 1200 and is really fast. She jumps up to 120 in flash so I'd say she could reach the governor at 186 pretty easily. 145 without a windshield is fast enough. Cuts through traffic in LA perfectly and the engine breaking keeps you in control. Wheelies if you want them, I like the 6" poor wheelies the best and can get those in the first three gears. Down shifting is music to year years - a little snap crackle pop. Get one!
FWIW, 186...downhill in a hurricane drafting a semi maybe. :devil

Aerodynamic drag on a unfaired biked is...a drag. Reason fairings exist in the first place.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 1200 bellypan is designed for the standard exhaust header and normal road riding. I have one on my 1200 and rode some 1000 miles last year in the SE Ohio twisties with no scraping. From some work I did last year with Ducati NA, it will scrape on the RH side if you get to a 46 degree lean angle, an amount usually only attainable at a track day, where we suggest you remove the pan.
I should have listened and took mine off....
Then again, this was at a track (Grattan raceway here in Michigan) that has some off camber and slight crests on a few turns that caused the belly pan to scrape.

At another track, it comes close, but a knee or a peg was touching and it never did.

It's the white oval spot about middle of the belly pan

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I found this random picture from the Diablo Superbike GPS app on the inter webs, of a top speed run on a 1200s that is -1 in front.
Small Shift Tech carbon fly screen to sorta tuck behind.
I assume. Since it's a random pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
without a small fairing , it is difficult to hold the bike straight at over 185 km/h.
I hope an after market co will come up with a decent small fairing , style like the S4R .
Styled like but hopefully better. My S4RS fairing is flapping like a flag in a hurricane at 90 mph.:laugh

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm still getting comfortable with the bike so, the max speed I've reached to this day is 200 km/h in 6th gear in touring mode, normally my max speed in my trips is 180 km/h

·
Registered
679 Posts
IMHO, ( humble being the operative word here ), the fun of a Monster lives in the 50Mph~100Mph zone where the torque and pull is intoxicating.
For top end exhilaration, get a Panigale. The charm of the Monster is its "naked" bad-ass muscle bike look. IMHO.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hit 168 mph today on my 2019 1200 Anniversario playing with a Harley nightrod and GSXR 1000. Gixxer just kept going no problem lol. I was too chicken to go any faster.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts